What's new

Battery Life

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes,,, probably been asked before, but what is the recommended life span of cells?? I have 2 pairs of VCT5a’s which I purchased from Fogstar. They are probably about 16-18 moths old now. The wraps are still in sound condition and I only charge them @1A. They are also only used in single battery mods for MTL vaping.

Would you say they were still ok to continue using or should I replace??? My next question then would be the safest way to dispose of them??

TIA....... Lee

Lithium Ions have great life span, usually good for about 500 charges. If your council collects batteries for recycling just tape over the contacts and chuck them in the relevent bin, if not most vape shops will take them and dispose of them or take them to a recycling centre. :)

My Mrs has some Samsung 25r's that are probably over three years old, she only vapes at 19w and they're charged at 1amp max like you do, and they still charge discharge absolutely fine - I'd keep using them for MTL until you not the runtime beginning to drop off.

Most supermarkets have battery recycling bins, stick a bit of insulating tape over either end and sling them in (we've only got Tesco/Lidl/Aldi here and they all have them)

The spec sheet says

Performance. 70% Min. of. Initial capacity at. 500 cycles.

so after 500 full cycles you might be down to 70% capacity, which would probably be enough to notice and you might want to get new ones.

Back
Top Bottom