Vape Club
What's new

DNA 250c gauge wire?

Richard Tweed

Hi everyone

I'm building my first dna 250c mod in next week or two and I already have some silicone 16 gauge wire, is this sufficient enough for all the wiring?

I have noticed some people using 2 different gauge wires, is that a must?

Thanks for any replies in advance

The Electronic Cigarette Company
There are recommendations on the evolv website with reference to wire sizes so that'd be a good resource. 16 may be a shade on the small side though.

As to different sizes used, I take it you mean the input wires are different to the output ones?

If so, it's not strictly required - it's just that you can usually get away with smaller wires on the input than the output, which means it's easier to work with those (location, routing, etc) - and thinner wire is cheaper which may not make a difference on one unit but is a production consideration.

AcmeFog
There are recommendations on the evolv website with reference to wire sizes so that'd be a good resource. 16 may be a shade on the small side though.

As to different sizes used, I take it you mean the input wires are different to the output ones?

If so, it's not strictly required - it's just that you can usually get away with smaller wires on the input than the output, which means it's easier to work with those (location, routing, etc) - and thinner wire is cheaper which may not make a difference on one unit but is a production consideration.

Thanks, would I be ok with 16 gauge for the input and 14 gauge for the output?

Screenshot_20191119-141021.png

From the pdf available on the evolv site. I would recommend a read of it.

That seems to be the overall specs, lower end for 2s devices, middle for 3s and largest required for 4s (where the output limit is 400w).

Edit: the maximum size spec I interpret as what will physically fit on the pads...

Elux
Back
Top Bottom