What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DNA 250c gauge wire?

Richard Tweed

Hi everyone

I'm building my first dna 250c mod in next week or two and I already have some silicone 16 gauge wire, is this sufficient enough for all the wiring?

I have noticed some people using 2 different gauge wires, is that a must?

Thanks for any replies in advance

There are recommendations on the evolv website with reference to wire sizes so that'd be a good resource. 16 may be a shade on the small side though.

As to different sizes used, I take it you mean the input wires are different to the output ones?

If so, it's not strictly required - it's just that you can usually get away with smaller wires on the input than the output, which means it's easier to work with those (location, routing, etc) - and thinner wire is cheaper which may not make a difference on one unit but is a production consideration.

There are recommendations on the evolv website with reference to wire sizes so that'd be a good resource. 16 may be a shade on the small side though.

As to different sizes used, I take it you mean the input wires are different to the output ones?

If so, it's not strictly required - it's just that you can usually get away with smaller wires on the input than the output, which means it's easier to work with those (location, routing, etc) - and thinner wire is cheaper which may not make a difference on one unit but is a production consideration.

Thanks, would I be ok with 16 gauge for the input and 14 gauge for the output?

Screenshot_20191119-141021.png

From the pdf available on the evolv site. I would recommend a read of it.

That seems to be the overall specs, lower end for 2s devices, middle for 3s and largest required for 4s (where the output limit is 400w).

Edit: the maximum size spec I interpret as what will physically fit on the pads...

Back
Top Bottom