What's new

BB Panels magnetic polarity - original vs clone?

I have just had a question from an eBay customer asking if the magnet polarity of the clone has different magnetic polarity for the panels, I don't own an original but I've never heard of any difference, can anyone confirm they are the same?
(Opposite polarity magnets from left to right on both side panels)

Interestingly the Bantam Box has all the same polarity.

I think some of the older clones had a different polarity. Pretty sure they are the same now as originals. @Rob can probably shed some more light on the matter

Early clones had the wrong polarity in the magnets
However this was changed over and all clones now match original
Not sure when the changes over, would be hard to find out unless customer knows

I don't know when either, but I have an SXK DNA version that must be about 18 months old which has same polarity as an original.

I was only the very early Clones that suffered with this. Basically anything after 2016 should be fine.

A mate of mine recently bought some sxk panels for his authentic rev4 b and the magnets were all wrong so couldn't use them, this is very recent as well

A mate of mine recently bought some sxk panels for his authentic rev4 b and the magnets were all wrong so couldn't use them, this is very recent as well

They might have just fitted them wrong as a one off, best way to check polarity is do the pair stick together only in the correct orientation (which they should) even 1 magnet reversed will throw it off and a wobbly panel.

If they still go together with 1 panel upside down then they have buggered them up as they should be reversed polarity upside down.

With my 3D printed panels I had a right game so I use a dead BB as a jig now.

2 magnets were fine but 2 were wrong way around, was same for both panels, he has thrown them in the bin now

Back
Top Bottom