What's new

MTL Coil recommendation for Vandy Vape Beserker 1.5 Mini with Manabush Nokomis

Mstrchf

Hi,

Upgrading to my first RTA Tank and decided to try the Vandy Vape Beserker 1.5 Mini to use with a GeekVape Aegis Solo Mod.

Been using an Aspire Nautilus Mini with 1.8 coils on a Smok AL85 Mini Alien for about 2 years.

I almost exclusively vape Manabush Nokomis Range (Chiricahua Sun, Pow Wow, Nokomis, Nanbozho, Coyote Coconut) 50/50 juice.

I would like to use wattage settings so my initial picks were the Ni80 -

30ga+38ga Ni80 1.65Ω
32ga*2+38ga Ni80 1.2Ω
http://www.vandyvape.com/accessories/vape-wires/

All the following wires are suggested for MTL http://www.vandyvape.com/accessories/vape-wires/

MTL Wire Resistance
1 Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 30ga x 2(=)+38ga 10ft 3.5Ω/ft
2 SS316L Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 30ga X 2(=)+38ga 10ft 2.37Ω/ft
3 Ni80 Superfine MTL Clapton Wire 30ga +38ga 10ft 6.95Ω/ft
4 A1 Superfine MTL Clapton Wire 30ga +38ga 10ft 8.53Ω/ft
5 A1 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 32GA*2(=)+38GA 10ft 6.71Ω/ft
6 NI80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 32GA*2(=)+38GA 10ft 5.35Ω/ft
7 SS316L Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 32GAx 2+38ga 10ft 3.88Ω/ft
8 A1 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire 30GAx 2+38ga 10ft 4.39Ω/ft
9 SS316L Superfine MTL Clapton Wire 30GA+38ga 10ft 5.48Ω/ft

What specification coil wire would people suggest i try out that will be close to the nautilus 1.8 ?
I would like to try vandy vapes own brands of wool and wire to begin with, possibly their pre made coils until i get the hang of winding my own.

Which ones would be a good choice for Manabush? Finding picking the right one for 50/50 very confusing!

Could anyone suggest what would work well for me? Any help or links to guides to help me decide would be appreciated. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Agreed on the above
Simple wire from stealth vape - and some muji is all you need

Ordered a 10m reel with some free Muji. Thanks guys :)

Also a £3 tool kit with one of those coil jig things. Should make life easier.

Spent hours watching and reading reviews on mtl rta tanks, after deciding on the beserker i then looked at coils and was like erm... wtf? Too many choices! lol :)

Last edited:

Spent hours watching and reading reviews on mtl rta tanks, after deciding on the beserker i then looked at coils and was like erm... wtf? lol :)

Any further help you need, just ask

Spent hours watching and reading reviews on mtl rta tanks, after deciding on the beserker i then looked at coils and was like erm... wtf? lol :)

You do get a couple of premade coils to get you going. They are alright as it goes. MTL fused Clapton 0.7 ohm. I like them but find they gunk up quicker than kanthal.

You do get a couple of premade coils to get you going. They are alright as it goes. MTL fused Clapton 0.7 ohm. I like them but find they gunk up quicker than kanthal.
this

Hi, thanks for all the replies :)

I realised the shop i bought from includes a free gift reel of ' Ni80 30ga x 2(=)+38ga 10ft 3.5Ω/ft ' which is the same stuff the included pre made ones are made from - so good to know its not bad stuff.

Think i'll try the stealth vape stuff first if its easier to work with but nice to have something different to experiment with, in the name of science an' all that!

Found a link to this calculator on the site so been trying to familarise myself. https://www.steam-engine.org/coil

Been wondering what the 'x2' in the spec refers to? Dual coil? Dual core? Or 2 38ga wires coiled together to make 30ga?

Last edited:
I am a bit fan of the berserker and think is nice to build on. It took me a while to clock it, but the wire clamps have little gaps in the side that you can bend the wire through. Makes it easier to avoid wire ends hitting the chamber which was a constant problem for me when I started building.

Back
Top Bottom