What's new

Battery issues

Think its safe to say these are fully dead, one is reading at 0.12v and the other at 0.02v. I thought i maybe using the multimeter wrong but checked my molicells and they were showing 4.22v so its not me being stupid

Ps i would have thought they would both be at the same voltage, as theyve both sat around the same time. Could it be that leaving one of them on my topside to charge for a few hours did gently charge it a bit upto the 0.12v?

It could be, but at 0.1 volts or under, they are well dead.

These cells start to degrade internally if their charge drops below 2.5 volts. If left for months, they are too far gone to revive.

Whilst you can revive cells that have dropped below 2.5 volts, you shouldn't do so if they have been below that voltage for a long time.

Bin em.

If you intend to leave cells unused for a while, it is a good idea to store them with a half charge of around 3.6 - 3.7 volts and to check them every month or so.

It could be, but at 0.1 volts or under, they are well dead.

These cells start to degrade internally if their charge drops below 2.5 volts. If left for months, they are too far gone to revive.

Whilst you can revive cells that have dropped below 2.5 volts, you shouldn't do so if they have been below that voltage for a long time.

Bin em.

If you intend to leave cells unused for a while, it is a good idea to store them with a half charge of around 3.6 - 3.7 volts and to check them every month or so.
Thanks buddy, lesson duly learnt. Will keep that in mind for future.

Time to go and order some new 21700s

Back
Top Bottom