What's new

Rewicking frequency

Sanj

Postman
Hi all,

Received delivery of my KYLIN M rdta this morning, installed a mesh strip and wicked it with some wotofo cotton.

I have put through approximately 12ml of liquid (riot squad apple grenade) at 70w throughout the day, flavour has been great all day, but it's now dropping off a bit, I do chain vape quite a bit as I'm still in the early stages of giving up the cigarettes.

Does this sound normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

It's very dependent on the liquid used, some will gunk coils/mesh in a few ml, others will still look clean after 20ml+.

Hi all,

Received delivery of my KYLIN M rdta this morning, installed a mesh strip and wicked it with some wotofo cotton.

I have put through approximately 12ml of liquid (riot squad apple grenade) at 70w throughout the day, flavour has been great all day, but it's now dropping off a bit, I do chain vape quite a bit as I'm still in the early stages of giving up the cigarettes.

Does this sound normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
More likely taste buds getting bored with the same flavour. The mesh RTAs like the Kylin & Unity are pretty good on wicks, my Unitys only get changed when the mesh needs a clean. I have 2-3 flavours on the go at any one time so no juice gets over used.

I would dry burn and rewick every 8 - 10 mls when vaping tobacco flavours.

I'm waiting for my order of liquids to arrive tomorrow and will have a swap around and see if that helps.

Just out of curiosity, how does one know when the mesh strip needs cleaning? I was under the impression that you would simply replace it with a new strip.

I'm waiting for my order of liquids to arrive tomorrow and will have a swap around and see if that helps.

Just out of curiosity, how does one know when the mesh strip needs cleaning? I was under the impression that you would simply replace it with a new strip.
Normally when you can see baked on juice & no mesh :D. Low sweetened fruit juices don't tend to muck up the mesh nearly as quick as custard/bakery flavours. Saying that I've had a month or more from a mesh with just a quick lower power dry burn & gentle brushing. The key with mesh is not to deform it in any way otherwise it creates hotspots.

I'm not a mesh user but they do have a large surface area for gunk to build up on. Simple round wire coils have less surface area and will gunk up more slowly. Also I find some liquid's flavour can improve on the 2nd day with a coil, like brulee on your creme. With a decent RTA vaping a round wire dual coil, 0.5 ohm at 40 watts, I can get through nearly 60ml before it starts getting really nasty.

Back
Top Bottom