What's new

The usa holds its breath

What's worse for you guys is that it's probably going to be the best of all his totally stupid decisions.

Sometimes I kinda wish the USA, as a nation would hold it's breath for about 20 minutes or so.

The trouble is...trying to argue that vaping as a smoking cessation tool using Ribena n Cheese cake flavours is...well difficult.

The trouble is...trying to argue that vaping as a smoking cessation tool using Ribena n Cheese cake flavours is...well difficult.

So what would be a more suitable flavour in your opinion?

If they’re going to do it, why don’t they ban all flavours, including tobacco, mints and menthol? If I were trying to quit smoking, and all I could vape was flavourless liquid, that’s what I would do ... because the important thing (to me) was to get off tobacco. It would actually have taken some of the transition issues away, because finding a flavour I could vape all day at the start was tricky. Flavourless liquid’s not unpleasant. Also, a lot of the ‘tobacco’ flavours are synthetic anyway, so is the purpose to keep the association of smoking through the flavours? I don’t get it :)

They’re hardly going to ban food flavourings either, so those wanting to flavour their liquid will do it regardless.

So what would be a more suitable flavour in your opinion?

Tobacco n menthol flavours for a start are obvious flavours, as they are they already have a direct link with smoking tobacco.
In the future who knows Cherry and other fruits are common in pipes, so perhaps there will be some others to follow.

If they’re going to do it, why don’t they ban all flavours, including tobacco, mints and menthol? If I were trying to quit smoking, and all I could vape was flavourless liquid, that’s what I would do ... because the important thing (to me) was to get off tobacco. It would actually have taken some of the transition issues away, because finding a flavour I could vape all day at the start was tricky. Flavourless liquid’s not unpleasant. Also, a lot of the ‘tobacco’ flavours are synthetic anyway, so is the purpose to keep the association of smoking through the flavours? I don’t get it :)

They’re hardly going to ban food flavourings either, so those wanting to flavour their liquid will do it regardless.

I vape unflavoured by choice. It's pretty much impossible to buy in various ratios and strengths so I have to mix it up myself.

If tobacco was the only flavour available when I switched I can't see it would've worked as well for me.

Tobacco n menthol flavours for a start are obvious flavours, as they are they already have a direct link with smoking tobacco.
In the future who knows Cherry and other fruits are common in pipes, so perhaps there will be some others to follow.

I would think the majority of people looking to stop smoking using vaping don't actually want that link - I certainly didn't. Cigarettes taste like shit (I'd thought that for the last few years of smoking) and so does tobacco flavoured juice (imo).

Oh, and flavoured tobacco (cherry rubbed et al) have already been banned in the states with menthol to follow, so that's no good as a defence either.

Back
Top Bottom