What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rewicking frequency

Sanj

Postman
Hi all,

Received delivery of my KYLIN M rdta this morning, installed a mesh strip and wicked it with some wotofo cotton.

I have put through approximately 12ml of liquid (riot squad apple grenade) at 70w throughout the day, flavour has been great all day, but it's now dropping off a bit, I do chain vape quite a bit as I'm still in the early stages of giving up the cigarettes.

Does this sound normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

It's very dependent on the liquid used, some will gunk coils/mesh in a few ml, others will still look clean after 20ml+.

Hi all,

Received delivery of my KYLIN M rdta this morning, installed a mesh strip and wicked it with some wotofo cotton.

I have put through approximately 12ml of liquid (riot squad apple grenade) at 70w throughout the day, flavour has been great all day, but it's now dropping off a bit, I do chain vape quite a bit as I'm still in the early stages of giving up the cigarettes.

Does this sound normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
More likely taste buds getting bored with the same flavour. The mesh RTAs like the Kylin & Unity are pretty good on wicks, my Unitys only get changed when the mesh needs a clean. I have 2-3 flavours on the go at any one time so no juice gets over used.

I would dry burn and rewick every 8 - 10 mls when vaping tobacco flavours.

I'm waiting for my order of liquids to arrive tomorrow and will have a swap around and see if that helps.

Just out of curiosity, how does one know when the mesh strip needs cleaning? I was under the impression that you would simply replace it with a new strip.

I'm waiting for my order of liquids to arrive tomorrow and will have a swap around and see if that helps.

Just out of curiosity, how does one know when the mesh strip needs cleaning? I was under the impression that you would simply replace it with a new strip.
Normally when you can see baked on juice & no mesh :D. Low sweetened fruit juices don't tend to muck up the mesh nearly as quick as custard/bakery flavours. Saying that I've had a month or more from a mesh with just a quick lower power dry burn & gentle brushing. The key with mesh is not to deform it in any way otherwise it creates hotspots.

I'm not a mesh user but they do have a large surface area for gunk to build up on. Simple round wire coils have less surface area and will gunk up more slowly. Also I find some liquid's flavour can improve on the 2nd day with a coil, like brulee on your creme. With a decent RTA vaping a round wire dual coil, 0.5 ohm at 40 watts, I can get through nearly 60ml before it starts getting really nasty.

Back
Top Bottom