What's new

Wattage change by itself

Simplyjp

Hi I have my swag set at 75w when I press the vape button the wattage change from 75w to 12w after half a second, approx.

This results in a shit vape.

The coil is less than a week old.

Any suggestions most welcome, thanks.

The battery is sagging like hell, you are asking too much of it I expect, what battery is it?

What coil have you in there. Only thing I can think of is that the device is limiting you to 12 watts with a certain coil

How old is your battery?

75w is getting close to pushing it for most single 18650s.

The battery is sagging like hell, you are asking too much of it I expect, what battery is it?
Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery is an EFEST 18850 3000MAH 35A and that has only been in use for a week as well.

What coil have you in there. Only thing I can think of is that the device is limiting you to 12 watts with a certain coil
Hi, thanks for the reply. In my true tradition, I have no idea what coil it is and as a bonus threw the box away. I do know though that it was quite happy working at the wattage till it suddenly stopped???

How old is your battery?

75w is getting close to pushing it for most single 18650s.
Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery is about a week or so old. The settings were set by the shop and it was working quite well???

EFEST do not have a good reputation for consistent battery quality. I would head over to www.fogstar.co.uk and order a nice new battery. Use code POTV20 for a 20% discount if that still works. Just checked it. It does :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery is an EFEST 18850 3000MAH 35A and that has only been in use for a week as well.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery is about a week or so old. The settings were set by the shop and it was working quite well???

It'll be an 18650.

There is no such thing as a 3000mAh 18650 capable of 35A. Efest buy batteries from other companies and put their own wraps on, saying whatever they want - there's usually no knowing what is under the plastic.

If you want to run 75w on that device there are maybe 2 cells to choose from - you'll be wanting one capable of 25A or more and that seriously limits your choices.

How are you charging it?

like @pdg says, if it's 3000 mAh then it won't be 35A (despite what it might say on the wrapper) ... if it's a re-wrapped VTC6 or most likely a 30Q they are only really good for about 45w.

Back
Top Bottom