What's new

Strange DM article

schlinky

Achiever
This is a weird one, Daily Mail has an article with the headline:

Second British death is linked to e-cigarettes as worried vapers go back to tobacco despite medics’ warnings

But the page address is: Are-vaping-scare-stories-just-dangerous-tobacco

And the actual article is really quite good, explaining that there's no connection between the heart attack and vaping and explains a whole load of stuff we all take for granted but the general public doesn't often get to hear.

So it means people looking for confirmation bias will click the link and get real info contrary to their beliefs.

Seems like a weird flex for the DM...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ing-scare-stories-just-dangerous-tobacco.html

The headline doesn't match the story? ..... wow, I'm so shocked.

Thanks for taking time out of your day for that insightful and considered response.

I am actually shocked at how pro-vaping the article is, if you actually read it. Pity about the headline, but it's a good article.

Has the DM website been hacked? ;)

I am actually shocked at how pro-vaping the article is, if you actually read it. Pity about the headline, but it's a good article.

Has the DM website been hacked? ;)

Exactly, weird huh?

It's like a pro vaping article with actual common sense and explanations with out crazy sensationalism... in the DM... with an title that will make the anti-vape brigade click on it and actually read some truth.

Maybe they have been hacked ;)

There's been a massive increase in these 'click bait' titles that have nothing to do with the news story from newspapers in the last 6 months or so I noticed.

The world is wising up to all the crap they put out but the greedy morons still want to line their pockets with advert money.

Worst thing is Google etc advertise these articles but then people dont read the article because it's from Daily Mail, Daily Express, Sun etc so you know it's click bait rubbish but the title sticks in people's minds.

The title and the article itself do not match. :6: They definitely say that there is no reason to stop vaping and there's no correlation between vaping and those deaths.

Back
Top Bottom