What's new

Regulated Mod Safety

VisionIncision

Initiate
Hi all, so I just put a 0.11 build on one of my regulated mods (dual 30A 20700, usually vape around 90-100W) and it got me wondering; what current protection is there typically on a regulated mod?

Obviously putting that on my stacked mech would lead to an almost instant thermal runaway situation. I wouldn't put that on a single cell mech.

So, what would happen (hypothetically) if I were to put a build less than say .1 resistance on my regulated mod (I'm not going to)? What protection does the chipset provide? Obviously you have short protection, thermal monitoring etc. I'm wondering about current flow.

Hi all, so I just put a 0.11 build on one of my regulated mods (dual 30A 20700, usually vape around 90-100W) and it got me wondering; what current protection is there typically on a regulated mod?

Obviously putting that on my stacked mech would lead to an almost instant thermal runaway situation. I wouldn't put that on a single cell mech.

So, what would happen (hypothetically) if I were to put a build less than say .1 resistance on my regulated mod (I'm not going to)? What protection does the chipset provide? Obviously you have short protection, thermal monitoring etc. I'm wondering about current flow.

As above.

.. but to answer your question, what would happen is that the mod would either refuse to fire a resistance that low or it would fire and you'd be vaping at the equivalent of 45-50w on a 30A cell, which is well within the battery's amp limit rating.

Most regulated mods would say “too low” or such like but pushing a regulated mod to its limit of use will put you in a dangerous and mod life shortening

Back
Top Bottom