Innokin
What's new

More flavour inhaling residual vapour than from the mouthpiece!

m1stergeorge

Postman
This one might be a bit weird, stick with me.

So I’ve got two setups, both running the Wotofo Serpent elevate tank. One setup runs a fairly sweet skittles type eliquid and the flavour I get from it in general use if great.

Now, the second setup using the same tank, is a different story. Same tank, same coil, same cotton. The only difference is the eliquid. I’m using a bakery style by a brand called Jammin, specifically Raspberry clotted cream scone. Now, on a normal inhale via the mouthpiece.. next to no flavour at all. In fact, bordering on burnt. However a quick burst fire and inhaling the vapour that is produced which flows out of the mouthpiece is FULL of flavour. Like.. insanely. I can taste all the elements of the flavour in the juice which believe it or not is rare for me.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience? Not necessarily with the same tank but in any way? It’s defo a strange one and I’ve tried rewicking a couple times which hasn’t helped.

Smoore
Some pastry type juices don't work well at higher power whereas fruits can tolerate more heat. This a bit of a generalisation though as everybody is different. Try the Jammin at lower power to find a sweet spot.

Some pastry type juices don't work well at higher power whereas fruits can tolerate more heat. This a bit of a generalisation though as everybody is different. Try the Jammin at lower power to find a sweet spot.
Thanks fella, I had a crack at that and while there was marginal improvement, it wasn’t noteworthy as I still got a bit of a burnt taste. The fact that something burning makes me think it MIGHT be to do with wicking because a burnt taste means that something must be burning i I imagine.

Vape Green
Thanks fella, I had a crack at that and while there was marginal improvement, it wasn’t noteworthy as I still got a bit of a burnt taste. The fact that something burning makes me think it MIGHT be to do with wicking because a burnt taste means that something must be burning i I imagine.
Possibly a hotspot on the coil or cotton has sagged inside the coil. To be honest, whilst it's a good flavout RTA, the Serpent Elevate can be a touch finicky. I ended up using a 2.5mm dia coil to get a bit more airflow & using higher ohm. But that is personal preference.

Could be too much wick. Try wicking a little looser so the wick just lightly drags the coil.

Elux
Possibly a hotspot on the coil or cotton has sagged inside the coil. To be honest, whilst it's a good flavout RTA, the Serpent Elevate can be a touch finicky. I ended up using a 2.5mm dia coil to get a bit more airflow & using higher ohm. But that is personal preference.
Yeah I’m gonna put a new build in this week and see how it goes. Like I say, the other setup is full of flavour although I respect that it’s a completely different flavour profile.

Just a thought, have you looked at your coil position relative to the airflow? Could be off, causing more air than vapour to be inhaled when fired. Sounds stupid and unlikely I know, but this is a weird situation.

Never used the tank so don't know its airflow setup.

AcmeFog
Different atties like different flavours, some prefer bakery and some sweets.

Just a thought, have you looked at your coil position relative to the airflow? Could be off, causing more air than vapour to be inhaled when fired. Sounds stupid and unlikely I know, but this is a weird situation.

Never used the tank so don't know its airflow setup.
I won't lie, the coil is SUPER close to the airflow which makes me thinking that its being throttled but using a 3mm ID coil means that is kinda how it HAS to be due to the size of the coil. However I'm gonna try a 2.5mm ID build this week to see if that improves things at all.

Royal Flush Vape
Different atties like different flavours, some prefer bakery and some sweets.
Really!? They all the do the same job (albeit some better than others) but given they all have the same purpose and ultimately, process, in vaporising liquid, I would have thought there wouldn't be so much difference in quality between the two.

Back
Top Bottom