What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic Salt to Normal Nic Question

Tazz

Legend
Hi all here. Have a question please. A lady friend of my misses has just taken up vaping on my misses recomendation to her. So happy to hear it, great person. But, after bumping into her today and asking how it was going she said that she liked it but was finding it harsh on her throat. After asking and now cutting to the chase this is what I have.
She has a Smok Nord and got a few nic juices that are 50mg. When I heard that I thought "50 mg!?" But a search from where she got it showed some 50mg nic salt juices. So, she finds it very harsh. This is what I'm doing, I'm going to mix her a DIY from my gear in normal Nic. Am thinking of halving the content she has going by her comments on how harsh it is to her. What % of normal Nic would you guys/gals who DIY recommend I mix at? I have a juice that I described to her that she gave the thumbs up to, 100ml of it. I am thinking of halving it, 2 × 50 ml but at different levels for her to try. Any ideas and recommendations I would be very grateful to hear of. :thumbup:

I would put her on 18 mg ..
If she smoked a pack a day ...
Then reduce to 15 after that
Nic salts gives big throat hit ..
Tried it didn't like it ..

Nic salts are a lot smoother than normal nic so that's why companies like JUUL can go up to 50mg with them. I personally use 12mg salts and there's barely a throat hit from that so they're good through the day at work when I have to chain vape on my vape breaks.

I'd go 18mg normal nic for her mate. I've only been up to 36mg on salts and as they're smoother I can handle that (just) but the throat hit's about the same as 18mg normal nic to me, which I can only just handle as well. I will say that I have shit lungs and most people could probably manage 50mg salts no bother.

Hope this makes sense!

It's entirely possible here that I don't know what the term "throat hit" means - but I always found salts to be much smoother than the equivalent (or even lower) freebase.

The Nord isn't a massive capacity, and doesn't fly through juice, so I wouldn't do 50ml as a tester...

I'd do 10ml testers, possibly at something like 10, 15, 20mg (or 9, 12, 18 if easier to calc) if you have the nic base to do it, and I'd personally do both salts and freebase. Because people like different things...

My wife only really uses salt nic now (10 and 20mg depending on what's available in her Nord and rpm, 3mg in her subohm kit) and I only really use freebase (currently 4.5mg in my MTL stuff).

Great, thanks @Gitchy & @flearider
Will add my nic at those levels and give her a 12 as well. Wont see her till a week from now, well tomorrow our time, and would hate to see her go back on cigs. Great Lady. I'll be wrapt if next week it is all good.
Cheers to you both. Giving it to her tomorrow, mix has steeped for 3 months, nic tonight, tell her vape it in 3 days. :thumbup:
Hopefully will report back as a win/positive!

@Gitchy @flearider
Me and the misses bumped into her today and were stoked. Her and her husband love the RY4D Rum mix I gave them at 10mg and are getting the gear to make their own. Made our day. Thanks guys for the info/help. :2thumbsup:

great stuff glad to hear they are off the cigs still @Tazz that is one nice recipe for sure bud

Back
Top Bottom