What's new

Don’t leave your ecig unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much imo.

Integrated units have as much venting as replaceable types, sometimes more. So anything that can get into a closed non integrated unit will get in an integrated one just as easily. Stuff getting on the terminals isn't going to do anything unless it can bridge them and be conductive enough to draw current. An integrated cell is usually polymer cased with wires that are much closer together than the terminals for tubular metal cased cells.

As to capacity, that's not so true with more recent devices either.

I have a couple of tiny devices with small batteries, but the last one the wife bought was 3,000mAh and rated at 80w. If the manufacturer was truthful with those specs the cell would be bigger than a 18650. And they're always getting higher capacity...

Interesting, it appears I still have a lot to learn! Thanks for the informative reply though. I guess I was trying to logically speculate in the hope someone more educated would get me to the end of the road! Cheers pdg,

Interesting, it appears I still have a lot to learn! Thanks for the informative reply though. I guess I was trying to logically speculate in the hope someone more educated would get me to the end of the road! Cheers pdg,

Anyone who says they have nothing left to learn is either lying or deluded ;)

I'm not saying it's perfectly safe to leave stuff connected, but it's not dangerous imo - as long as certain precautions are taken.

Don't leave them charging, don't stuff them in a bag if the button could get pressed, don't leave them sat on flammable surfaces.

I treat my phone the same way...

Anyone who says they have nothing left to learn is either lying or deluded ;)

I'm not saying it's perfectly safe to leave stuff connected, but it's not dangerous imo - as long as certain precautions are taken.

Don't leave them charging, don't stuff them in a bag if the button could get pressed, don't leave them sat on flammable surfaces.

I treat my phone the same way...

All makes sense to me! It's too easy sometimes to forget we're pretty much carrying a small level of potential explosives in our pocket at times! :S

I didn't remove them with mods in the past I must admit but now having read some threads on batteries this morning I will without a doubt be removing batteries for safety over night in the future!

Same here. Lithium cells scare the shit out of me to be honest.

That is some scary stuff right there! Glad everyone is ok and your little one was smart enough to tell you and not touch it!
That’s the scary thing for me I have an autistic 3 year old that would prob think it was fun and pick it up so now I’m thinking of putting everything up on a high shelf out of reach!

when my vape melted in my hand bag it scared me. now I take my batterys out. I know it was because I didn't turn it off. but it gives me peace of mind if I take the batterys out.

That is some scary stuff right there! Glad everyone is ok and your little one was smart enough to tell you and not touch it!
That’s the scary thing for me I have an autistic 3 year old that would prob think it was fun and pick it up so now I’m thinking of putting everything up on a high shelf out of reach!

You shouldn't leave vape gear within reach of kids in any event - if any 3 year old can reach it then you're being exceedingly irresponsible imo.

Use a cupboard, use a shelf - we really really don't need any more kids ending up in hospital after drinking ejuice that their parents left laying about.

This is one instance where I agree about the stupid labels - I don't believe the crap about it making kids vape, but if they don't know what it is and it has pics of sweets and fruit it looks too much like a drink...

when my vape melted in my hand bag it scared me. now I take my batterys out. I know it was because I didn't turn it off. but it gives me peace of mind if I take the batterys out.

As I've said before, there's usually no benefit to removing the cells (again, given that it's impossible on integrated battery mods anyway).

But if it makes you feel more comfortable it's not causing any harm.

Just make sure you put the cells in a proper case at all times that they're not in a mod or charger.

Loose cells are effectively miniature potential grenades...

I have cases I got from fogstar. thank you pdg for your advice about not having juices around children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom