What's new

DVARW Clone V2 new style? @ fasttech

bumping this just to give my thoughts....

bought the exact same one from FastTech with 15% off = $8:80
comes with 1.2mm insert so bought 0.8 & 1.0 inserts & used 1.0mm
used a 7 wrap 27awg Kanthal, bit different than I normally use
(about 1.2 Ohm but is to go on a non-variable wattage reg mod/battery)

yeah the titchy Silver Dvarw looks a bit silly on Aegis, but it wasn't bought for that
(though the air slot lines up perfectly not to be covered in use)

View attachment 202947

No Dvarw MTL logo on tank, but has Steam Tuners on chimney
(This is the 2ml steel chimney version btw as in your link)

There was a tiny whisper gurgle when refilling, but has vanished after a couple of refills,
guess me getting using to it & the flow control/o-rings settling in a bit
Te initial faint gurgle soon passed after say half a dozen puffs or a gentle blow
but this seemed to no longer happen after about third refill

In fact I once refilled it without turning flow off expecting it to flood quite a bit....
but only slightly gurgled not shutting flow off so no major biggy if you forget
(yeah but do remember to open the flow up of course or your hits soon start to go dry)
I got no real flooding like the Titanic I had with some other tanks
and if I got a faint gurgle like initially new out of box, or when I deliberately kept it open
it soon passed & settled down, but no faint gurgle in last 5 or 6 refills now

The vape is VERY nice, & I can understand their popularity etc.....
Drip tip is OK, using another one instead atm, ensure is a snug fit to operate flow control
AND an absolute max diameter of 11mm or top fill cap/ring won't slide over drip tip
(The white/misty clear tip is sitting on a silver Hastur atm, Hastur tip is too fat 11.5mm)

How does it vape - very nicely for titchy cheap tank
will it last - probably not forever with the plastic threads but lubed with a bit of juice etc...
and fitted them very carefully etc.... so hope to get some life before they start to go

But in terms of vaping, very good flavour and produces a "similar" vape to say Zenith/Zlide
Not as dry as True, not as moist as Hastur - it is quite close to the vape from a Zenith
It isn't quite as humid or moist risking condensation like Hastur with it's narrow chimney
(especially on narrow drip tips)
It isn't as dry like the True, but full of flavour without too much moisture
very much like Zenith imho & been vaping both, still a whisker difference to be expected
but much much closer than the other tanks I use in rotation

A smidge smaller than the True, so perfect for stealthy setups
& I have thoroughly enjoyed giving this setup a caning & chaining it over weekend
Do love the flavour the dvarws offer. It's another tank that proves the rule of the airflow restriction must be at the point of the coil not the airflow ring to provide the absolute best flavour.
Only downside is the chamber. Nothing wrong with the flavour it provides but due to that extra step of removing it to rewick it doesn't come out to play as often as other's.

Do love the flavour the dvarws offer. It's another tank that proves the rule of the airflow restriction must be at the point of the coil not the airflow ring to provide the absolute best flavour.
Only downside is the chamber. Nothing wrong with the flavour it provides but due to that extra step of removing it to rewick it doesn't come out to play as often as other's.

To me it has to be top fill just for ease of use
but some of the screw top tanks can try to flood, though there are work-arounds
& inverting the device on final tighten never seemed to really worked for me much
(hence me sticking to ultra easy fill & hassle free tanks)

As this has juice control, then flooding is nigh on eliminated
and the odd tiny faint gurgle was only a very brief thing to begin with & no more

What put me off Dwarv's to begin with was the original bottom fill
& the plastic thread quickly wearing, plus it being a bit tall, plus cheap & cheerful

A bit of a strip down say every fortnight to rewick ain't no biggy
if the tank continues to work sweet without issues - I can live with that

Think we've all had tanks that were a bit meeeh that we try to limp along with....
nahhh fuck this rewick, then recoil & rewick, yeah let's see.....
nahhh it's still shit, try again & eventually chuck the thing down the garden
(Well I know I have tried, really tried to give some the benefit of the doubt and keep at it)

It perhaps isn't a tank for first time builders
but saw a while ago and been meaning to give it go & when 15% = £8:80 or say £7:50
well wtf, I've spent a lot more for other tanks growing in my back garden

Might order another say end of the month if this little 'un continues to behave

To me it has to be top fill just for ease of use
but some of the screw top tanks can try to flood, though there are work-arounds
& inverting the device on final tighten never seemed to really worked for me much
(hence me sticking to ultra easy fill & hassle free tanks)

As this has juice control, then flooding is nigh on eliminated
and the odd tiny faint gurgle was only a very brief thing to begin with & no more

What put me off Dwarv's to begin with was the original bottom fill
& the plastic thread quickly wearing, plus it being a bit tall, plus cheap & cheerful

A bit of a strip down say every fortnight to rewick ain't no biggy
if the tank continues to work sweet without issues - I can live with that

Think we've all had tanks that were a bit meeeh that we try to limp along with....
nahhh fuck this rewick, then recoil & rewick, yeah let's see.....
nahhh it's still shit, try again & eventually chuck the thing down the garden
(Well I know I have tried, really tried to give some the benefit of the doubt and keep at it)

It perhaps isn't a tank for first time builders
but saw a while ago and been meaning to give it go & when 15% = £8:80 or say £7:50
well wtf, I've spent a lot more for other tanks growing in my back garden

Might order another say end of the month if this little 'un continues to behave
See again it shows our differences.
I vape nanabhozo all day and vape a lot so a wick will last two days at most.
I've prefered bottom fill over time as most top fill rta's required a juice control which I abore.
The dvarw threads being metal on the originals have been very good and my goodness how many spares became available for next to nothing. Obviously world wide it's become huge as buying one of the website is no longer an option.
As you say, it comes down to the juice you use also that can influence your choices. I will probably move the base zero juices I'm vaping into the dvarws as they will not need wicking so often.
The kayfun lite is the weapon of choice for nana currently due to the formula one style pit stop rewicking, lol.

See again it shows our differences.
I vape nanabhozo all day and vape a lot so a wick will last two days at most.
I've prefered bottom fill over time as most top fill rta's required a juice control which I abore.
The dvarw threads being metal on the originals have been very good and my goodness how many spares became available for next to nothing. Obviously world wide it's become huge as buying one of the website is no longer an option.
As you say, it comes down to the juice you use also that can influence your choices. I will probably move the base zero juices I'm vaping into the dvarws as they will not need wicking so often.
The kayfun lite is the weapon of choice for nana currently due to the formula one style pit stop rewicking, lol.

I dunno the Hastur 3.5 is bloomin' easy & forgiving to wick & refill with your eyes shut almost

BUT it has a chimney/funnel a bit too narrow - a touch over 3mm, instead of a bit over 4mm or so
so creates a moist vape that can be an issue on narrow tips etc.....
(But as we all tend to accept, all tanks have their flaws or slight imperfections)

That said I'm eyeing up a Dwarv with 3 sizes, so if this one goes tits up & can't get the replacement bits
well at least I can shove a spare section from the 3in1 classic Dwarv - just in case

yeah coz I haven't got many spare tanks (sarcasm)

I dunno the Hastur 3.5 is bloomin' easy & forgiving to wick & refill with your eyes shut almost

BUT it has a chimney/funnel a bit too narrow - a touch over 3mm, instead of a bit over 4mm or so
so creates a moist vape that can be an issue on narrow tips etc.....
(But as we all tend to accept, all tanks have their flaws or slight imperfections)

That said I'm eyeing up a Dwarv with 3 sizes, so if this one goes tits up & can't get the replacement bits
well at least I can shove a spare section from the 3in1 classic Dwarv - just in case

yeah coz I haven't got many spare tanks (sarcasm)
I bought one of the three size ones for the brother in law's pipe and it's spot on.
Any of the rta's with raised decks within the tank are fine at top fill like the hasturs, sirens and berserker's. The beserker can still gurgle and that's due to the deck being a tad low within the tank. The hastur mini put the deck low too but balanced the air pressure with the smaller chimney.
I have to run the hastur mini 's at a lower voltage due to the compact chamber.
It's balancing each element.
I've a few of the more recent clones like the noi and a few other's to see what's new.
I think that kayfun, taifun and squape are probably the best and most advanced designed at deck, chimney and airflow but that's to be expected due to the sheer amount of time and money they've spent on testing and development (the kayfun program was ridiculously meticulous).
That said. Sometimes one of the other manufacturers does a variation on the theme that just by sheer luck works very well indeed.

Oh, the merlin nano was very good indeed but again it was a design lifted from the 16mm dvarw, which in turn was lifted from squape.
I know the sxk siren was very popular too with a more rdta approach but that was nicked from the ameripoint rta's.

Back
Top Bottom