What's new

What makes a good tank?

They do vary. That's one positive of the modern mods like the vaporesso ones. You can adjust the whole experience like music with a graphic equalizer.
They went through a period of producing as much power as quickly as possible as they where aiming at big tanks and coils. Now they need to work on some more classy designs.
They do .............. still using my SMY 75W .............. ;)

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Maybe what makes a bad tank is more objective. Leaks, whistles, akward to fill, etc.

But even bad is subjective. Depends what level of importance you put on each specification.

I've seen a few people not care about a noisy tank because it fulfills everything else they want. (A bit of whistling doesn't overly bother me if it's something I'm using out at work, at home I'd prefer quiet.)

Also some are willing to gleefully accept something that requires a physics degree to fill because it makes their favourite juice taste nice. (I don't get through a massive amount of juice so as long as an awkward fill is coupled with a decent capacity I don't care.)

Even leaks seem to be completely irrelevant to some. (Absolute show stopper for me, even slight seepage would be the end of that.)

I'm surprised to hear the Hastur Mini isn't hitting it for a few of you flavour wise. I haven't paid strict attention, but I had never noticed it lacking. Having said that I've recently noticed that the KF lite 19 does seem to make caramelly/nutty juices taste especially nice, so it's probably just the reverse of that (if you know what I mean). I
The hastur mini is still my favourite tank. Love the flavour, looks and ease of use but it just doesn't deliver nana as I like it. It probably delivers a more accurate overall flavour to be honest but I've just become accustomed to certain flavour notes being highlighted so have to use another tank for it.

But even bad is subjective. Depends what level of importance you put on each specification.

I've seen a few people not care about a noisy tank because it fulfills everything else they want. (A bit of whistling doesn't overly bother me if it's something I'm using out at work, at home I'd prefer quiet.)

Also some are willing to gleefully accept something that requires a physics degree to fill because it makes their favourite juice taste nice. (I don't get through a massive amount of juice so as long as an awkward fill is coupled with a decent capacity I don't care.)

Even leaks seem to be completely irrelevant to some. (Absolute show stopper for me, even slight seepage would be the end of that.)
I just typed pretty much this ........... ninjad ........... :assassin::D

The hastur mini is still my favourite tank. Love the flavour, looks and ease of use but it just doesn't deliver nana as I like it. It probably delivers a more accurate overall flavour to be honest but I've just become accustomed to certain flavour notes being highlighted so have to use another tank for it.
Looks wise, that and the doggy win for me. Only think I would change, and it's minor, is that hexagonal type thing where the tip fits on.

They do vary. That's one positive of the modern mods like the vaporesso ones. You can adjust the whole experience like music with a graphic equalizer.
They went through a period of producing as much power as quickly as possible as they where aiming at big tanks and coils. Now they need to work on some more classy designs.

Another subjective thing ;)

All the customisation bells and whistles are utterly lost on me :D

Currently I just want it stable. I'll find a wattage I like and stay there. Or a voltage - I quite like adjustable voltage just so long as it stays where I put it.

Not bothered about epic fast firing time, not bothered about graphic equaliser styled timed firing profiles, not bothered about ramp profiles.

I'm happy to mix and match tanks and mods so that I get the few combos that suit.

I'm exceedingly picky about it being as boring as possible...

............. just to add, leaks are a BIG no no, but I don't mind if I can fix it, as long as it IS a fix. The Berserker Mini leaked like a bastard when I first got it and got sworn at a lot ......... but since I sorted it I've used them a lot .... yes 'them' ............ I now have 3. :)

Yeah I'm not adverse to tanks with prostate issue's as long as they deliver elsewhere.
Again it shows how hard it is to recommend something as what I consider natural light seepage others consider a flood.
The plus is that when we started, this conversation wouldn't have happened as there just wasn't any choice and certainly not at reasonable prices. Also nearly every clone needed remedial work at a minimum to make them work or not leak.
Clones are now as good as the genuine and you can buy a top notch mtl tank for under twenty quid. Amazing.

............. just to add, leaks are a BIG no no, but I don't mind if I can fix it, as long as it IS a fix. The Berserker Mini leaked like a bastard when I first got it and got sworn at a lot ......... but since I sorted it I've used them a lot .... yes 'them' ............ I now have 3. :)
6 here :)

Back
Top Bottom