What's new

What makes a good tank?

I've always rated the doggy pretty highly for flavour. But I'm not sure how reliable my appraisal is, as you can tell from my posts above.

And this highlights just how subjective the whole thing is.

I almost exclusively use unflavoured juice.

The doggy seems to kill the natural slight sweetness and brings out a harshness that just isn't apparent with the other tanks...

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with it (no leaks, no gurgles, dead easy to build and wick) but there's just not enough right with it - yet. Maybe I'll crack the right build for me in it.

Even the ammit MTL does a better job for me.

The three I use most (prime, galaxies, ammit) are all different from each other too, but the doggy is just that bit too different to suit me.

I've just realised how much I said "me" in that last message...

All about me innit ;)

I've just realised how much I said "me" in that last message...

All about me innit ;)
Of course it is - you're the one vaping on them.

I'd forgotten you were flavourless ............. well, not you, obviously ......... that wasn't about you ................... :doh:

I'm surprised to hear the Hastur Mini isn't hitting it for a few of you flavour wise. I haven't paid strict attention, but I had never noticed it lacking. Having said that I've recently noticed that the KF lite 19 does seem to make caramelly/nutty juices taste especially nice, so it's probably just the reverse of that (if you know what I mean). I
I really liked the hastur mini. Thought it was excellent with tobaccos. I like the doggy but to me it’s just a-n-other now. Doesn’t give me anything new, but It does look the danglies on small mods.
In fact I’m coming to the conclusion that not much provides anything new these days as they are all so close.
But at the end of the day I’m a 95% billet user and I’m definitely a one bridge man too.

he says that puffing the kflite

Of course it is - you're the one vaping on them.

That's another thing about the subjectivity with it, and why I hardly ever bother looking at reviews - they're not me and it's unlikely they're looking for what I am.

I asked here before I bought the galaxies - looked at the replies and assessed who I thought was likely the closest to me in terms of use (if not tastes) - far more useful than a random on YouTube who got given something and used it for 7 minutes. Someone who bought something and put it through real use has a more valid opinion imo.

I never thought I'd say this either - with MTL I'm finding the mod has a bigger part to play than when I was DTLing. It's probably mainly psychological, but some combinations just seem a better fit than others (one thing that isn't psychological is that with only one or two small air inlets it has to screw down lined up correctly or I find myself blocking it, so again, each particular tank might not work comfortably on a specific mod - for me ;)).

So to the subject of the thread - what makes a good tank - I can only come to the conclusion that it's the user that makes the tank good or bad, for them.

It is very subjective. And I'm probably too much of a noob to be a very reliable witness tbh.

One thing I do notice is that some tanks have a much "juicier" vape than others. For me the berserker is a proper juicy tank. You can almost feel it dripping off the tip, to the point where I've wondered if there's been condensation in the past. Compared to the savour tank which is pretty nice IMO, but it's a very dry vape.

That's another thing about the subjectivity with it, and why I hardly ever bother looking at reviews - they're not me and it's unlikely they're looking for what I am.

I asked here before I bought the galaxies - looked at the replies and assessed who I thought was likely the closest to me in terms of use (if not tastes) - far more useful than a random on YouTube who got given something and used it for 7 minutes. Someone who bought something and put it through real use has a more valid opinion imo.

I never thought I'd say this either - with MTL I'm finding the mod has a bigger part to play than when I was DTLing. It's probably mainly psychological, but some combinations just seem a better fit than others (one thing that isn't psychological is that with only one or two small air inlets it has to screw down lined up correctly or I find myself blocking it, so again, each particular tank might not work comfortably on a specific mod - for me ;)).

So to the subject of the thread - what makes a good tank - I can only come to the conclusion that it's the user that makes the tank good or bad, for them.
I agree, that's just how I ended up on here. There are a few people on here that tend to like what I do - I'd rather take their advice than any 'reviewer'.

I agree on the mods too. Case in point was the SMY 75W, if I remember right. Worked fine for self-built coils, but came on a bit strong with the heat when you first pushed the button and if using stock MTL coils had a bad habit of frazzling the thinner wire high-ohm coils. The chips in the mods vary in how they work, some may suit you more than others.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Maybe what makes a bad tank is more objective. Leaks, whistles, akward to fill, etc.

I agree, that's just how I ended up on here. There are a few people on here that tend to like what I do - I'd rather take their advice than any 'reviewer'.

I agree on the mods too. Case in point was the SMY 75W, if I remember right. Worked fine for self-built coils, but came on a bit strong with the heat when you first pushed the button and if using stock MTL coils had a bad habit of frazzling the thinner wire high-ohm coils. The chips in the mods vary in how they work, some may suit you more than others.
They do vary. That's one positive of the modern mods like the vaporesso ones. You can adjust the whole experience like music with a graphic equalizer.
They went through a period of producing as much power as quickly as possible as they where aiming at big tanks and coils. Now they need to work on some more classy designs.

Me too. Found who vale a similar liquids in a similar way and followed their lead.

Back
Top Bottom