What's new

Dead rabbit .. lots of questions

Dezy

Postman
Hi

Been playing with my dead rabbit trying to get a basic coil setup and finally managed to get a setup that is responsive and I "would be" fairly happy with it...
Kanthal A1 24GA with a 3.0 diameter, 9 wraps producing .61ohms.

only thing is ..bit disappointed with the amount of flavour, using the same juice in my Wotofo profile in TC @ 225 centigrade I get bucket loads of flavour. In the rabbit, I can only just make out the flavour, nice throat hit .. but the flavour is lacking. strangely enough, I started to get a bit of flavour by increasing to around the 70-watt mark.

Is this normally the case with the rabbit?

Also, I seem to get a lot of juice build up around the top cap (air flow) .. is this normal?

Any advice or example setups that work well would be great .. cos I must admit I'm near to binning this rabbit and just sticking with mesh.

Thanks in advance from a confused amateur.

I think the dead bunny is a dog shit RDA but loads love it so it can't be that bad

Your going from vaping mesh with a massive surface area to plain round wire kanthal with no surface area so your never gonna get close to the flavour of the profile so you want some big beefy coils in the bunny to give it a fighting chance

These are good coils to try especially the SS

https://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/product/coilology-7-1-performance-coil-pack-ni80-42-coils/

But if it was me I'd do a giveaway with the bunny and buy a better RDA and those coils [emoji6]

Unfortunately you are not comparing apples with apples, mesh is a whole new ball game, with insane flavour.
I can not get anywhere near the flavour I get with the Profile RDA, with any of my wire coil RDA's, not even SS fused claptons.
It's not just the Dead Rabbit.
YMMV of course
I love mesh so much now, I've even gone onto to mesh tanks, like the Kylin M, Damn Vape Doom and Profile Unity.

Hi

Been playing with my dead rabbit trying to get a basic coil setup and finally managed to get a setup that is responsive and I "would be" fairly happy with it...
Kanthal A1 24GA with a 3.0 diameter, 9 wraps producing .61ohms.

only thing is ..bit disappointed with the amount of flavour, using the same juice in my Wotofo profile in TC @ 225 centigrade I get bucket loads of flavour. In the rabbit, I can only just make out the flavour, nice throat hit .. but the flavour is lacking. strangely enough, I started to get a bit of flavour by increasing to around the 70-watt mark.

Is this normally the case with the rabbit?

Also, I seem to get a lot of juice build up around the top cap (air flow) .. is this normal?

Any advice or example setups that work well would be great .. cos I must admit I'm near to binning this rabbit and just sticking with mesh.

Thanks in advance from a confused amateur.
I agree with matty, the dead bunny is crap, do a giveaway with it and I will send you something better [emoji6]

Thanks ..I think your right about the flavour .. for sure

However I have now spaced my coils and i am getting flavour.. not the same as with the profile , but more like I was expecting. So it will do when I am craving a hot throat hit :)

Never fancied mesh tbh so I've never tried it. I like spaced brochrome wire in my rda's, gives great flavour. Might be cheaper than disappearing down the rda rabbit hole.

Never fancied mesh tbh so I've never tried it. I like spaced brochrome wire in my rda's, gives great flavour. Might be cheaper than disappearing down the rda rabbit hole.
Mesh is a bloody pita to get right and the dry hits make you want to puke
Tried it and quickly gave the dripper away !

Back
Top Bottom