What's new

Looking for a new mod

Dennis-vc

Postman
Hey guys! My name is Dennis, fairly new here and as the title says I'm looking for a new mod. I think that I'm not the first person to ask a similar question so excuse me for not using the search function here. There's just so much information to find that I gave up. Months later I'm still asking myself the same question though so I need your help.

Since the beginning of this year (and after two years of vaping) I got fed up with the poor quality of mods and tanks that come on the market. My first step was to upgrade my rebuildables and in the course of the past months I've become the proud owner of a Kayfun Lite 24mm, KHW Dvarw MTL and an ESG Skyline.

The only thing that I miss is a decent mod to power these. Right now I'm using a Tesla Wye 85W and I'm really impressed with it. It's probably one of the best mods that I ever bought, but there's nothing really special about it.

This is where I need help. As you can probably tell, I don't need a mod that can do 200+ Watts. I like compact devices that can handle 25mm atomizers (since my Kayfun has a slight overhang on 24mm mods) and have an external battery. 2x700 would be perfect but 18650's get me through a day (or three). As far as the chipset goes: I don't really like YiHi and I prefer the DNA 60/75. I've never had a Dicodes mod and if I can't find what I'm looking for, a Dani will probably be my next investment.

So: surprise me! Thanks for reading this and I hope that I'll find what I'm looking for :)

Hi @Dennis-vc it sounds to me you are looking for a top end mod but you could get what you need for a lot less money. The Vaporesso Gen sounds as tho it would work for you despite being a 2 x 18650 or a Voopoo x217 which takes 2 x 21700 batteries.
Food for thought anyway.
Cheers and welcome to the Planet

Hey guys! My name is Dennis, fairly new here and as the title says I'm looking for a new mod. I think that I'm not the first person to ask a similar question so excuse me for not using the search function here. There's just so much information to find that I gave up. Months later I'm still asking myself the same question though so I need your help.

Since the beginning of this year (and after two years of vaping) I got fed up with the poor quality of mods and tanks that come on the market. My first step was to upgrade my rebuildables and in the course of the past months I've become the proud owner of a Kayfun Lite 24mm, KHW Dvarw MTL and an ESG Skyline.

The only thing that I miss is a decent mod to power these. Right now I'm using a Tesla Wye 85W and I'm really impressed with it. It's probably one of the best mods that I ever bought, but there's nothing really special about it.

This is where I need help. As you can probably tell, I don't need a mod that can do 200+ Watts. I like compact devices that can handle 25mm atomizers (since my Kayfun has a slight overhang on 24mm mods) and have an external battery. 2x700 would be perfect but 18650's get me through a day (or three). As far as the chipset goes: I don't really like YiHi and I prefer the DNA 60/75. I've never had a Dicodes mod and if I can't find what I'm looking for, a Dani will probably be my next investment.

So: surprise me! Thanks for reading this and I hope that I'll find what I'm looking for :)
Welcome aboard. [emoji106]
Have a look at our in house mod maker, vapesmarter, he will make you a custom mod to your specifications at a reasonable price. [emoji4]
It will be a one of a kind also, not mass produced.
Cheers Jon

Matt over at fyne mods has a few mods for sale currently.
Lost vape are only just relaunching again after moving production promises so therions and mirage's are thin on the ground.
I've just settled on a dicodes myself as they just don't go wrong and if you vale under 100w you can't beat them.
Single cell DNA mods are pretty thin on the ground currently from mass market makers so your looking at custom mod makers.
For a cheaper option, as previously said the gen is remarkably good with probably the most advanced chip around.
Have a look at the vaporesso armour pro (particularly nice in the metal finish) for a tip top chip, great build quality and 21700 capabilities. Best mod I reviewed last year and a bargain.

Scratch that Dicodes itch, you know you will eventually and it is a purchase (or two lol) that you will never regret.

Thanks for replying everyone!

The Jacvapour and the Mirage look like good options indeed, but I'm not completely sure if they are what I'm looking for. The Dani box just looks a bit better imo :D

The Vaporesso Gen might be a good mod to take outside the house, at that price a scratch or two won't upset me too much.

A custom mod would be a nice alternative as well! I'll definitely look into that. One day I'd be interested to build something myself, but for now I just want to buy something that works. I'll take a look at vapesmarter's work this evening. Other names of custom mod makers are welcome as well :)

I was also considering an Asmodus Kodama edition (even though it's dual battery) but I never owned an Asmodus device. Any thoughts on the quality?

Also, I'll be coming to London at the end of October. Are there local shops that are worth a visit?

Thanks for replying everyone!

The Jacvapour and the Mirage look like good options indeed, but I'm not completely sure if they are what I'm looking for. The Dani box just looks a bit better imo :D

The Vaporesso Gen might be a good mod to take outside the house, at that price a scratch or two won't upset me too much.

A custom mod would be a nice alternative as well! I'll definitely look into that. One day I'd be interested to build something myself, but for now I just want to buy something that works. I'll take a look at vapesmarter's work this evening. Other names of custom mod makers are welcome as well :)

I was also considering an Asmodus Kodama edition (even though it's dual battery) but I never owned an Asmodus device. Any thoughts on the quality?

Also, I'll be coming to London at the end of October. Are there local shops that are worth a visit?
I've been using the asmodus minikin in rotten metal finish for a while and it's excellent (same design). Have a look at the vaporesso armour pro for the cheap option (very nice in real life plus more compact). The they also do a DNA 75 model (thor/thor 2) and it's excellent in use but a tad ugly.
Grey haze have a lost vape esquare still available in stainless which if your open to dual cell mods is a looker with a DNA 60 board.
I use mine for when I'm away from the house for a few days as at low mtl wattage it certainly lasts.
Vaporesso-Armour-Pro-mod-02.jpg

Armour pro (above)
_vyr_11687029705-1.jpg

Lost vape DNA 60 esquare (steel/carbon).

Last edited:
So the decision has been made and after a 14 day (!) delivery period, it finally arrived! I'm so happy that I made this choice, the menu drives me a bit mad but I can live with it :)

I thought that the mod came with a NiFe30 wire sample but I didn't receive it. Any thoughts on this wire? How is the flavour compared to SS316? What resistance do you aim for if you're used to - let's say - a 1 ohm kanthal build at 14 Watts? Do you dry burn it, space it,...? Any info is welcome! I love my Kayfun Lite and I'm considering buying a second one, but when chain vaping the top cap can get a little hot. I hope that I can get this problem eliminated using TC, and then I'll have my perfect setup :)

Attachments

• 20191024_114124.jpg
    20191024_114124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 349
Back
Top Bottom