What's new

"Oaken" 10th century stabwood hybrid 21700 semi mech mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
so to start

DVD

"Pale Rider"

Megan Wheeler: (Reading from the Book of Revelation) And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth beast said: "Come and see." And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death.
(the Preacher rides upon his pale horse)
Megan Wheeler: And Hell followed with him.

the wood in this mod is from a big project I'm working on, the beams you can see were hand-cut with an axe and possibly a hand saw around about the 10th to 11th century so the wood that in this mod is 1000 years old when mods, cars, climate change were not about the joints are marked, not with roman symbols but runic ones that's how old these timbers are.....

alfIMG_0086.jpg

you can see the axe marks the joints are pegged together no steel, nails, glue.

alfIMG_0047.jpg

ive stabilised the wood

alfIMG_0131.jpg

lots of shaping ive made it the same shape as one of the pegs in the timbers I'm using a moddog 510 and a moddog tube both are top-notch quality it sports a clickfet for protection and board control

so add this together

alfIMG_0155.jpg
alfIMG_0156.jpg
alfIMG_0157.jpg
alfIMG_0158.jpg
alfIMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg

but wait with a mod like this and knowing it's going to Dunc

alfIMG_0163.jpg

a nice bit of cow top grain leather

alfIMG_0168.jpg

dye the leather saddle tan stitch buff k-coat and we have a matching case (the case fits it could have been better but im being picky)

in the paw 360 degree

this will go to @3dj boxed bagged with case mod and some wax plus extras

does your modmaker give you a bespoke service or are you happy with a jiffy bag?

love my mods, then like them, buy one....

It's obvious you put your heart and soul into your work Stu

so to start

DVD

"Pale Rider"

Megan Wheeler: (Reading from the Book of Revelation) And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth beast said: "Come and see." And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death.
(the Preacher rides upon his pale horse)
Megan Wheeler: And Hell followed with him.

the wood in this mod is from a big project I'm working on, the beams you can see were hand-cut with an axe and possibly a hand saw around about the 10th to 11th century so the wood that in this mod is 1000 years old when mods, cars, climate change were not about the joints are marked, not with roman symbols but runic ones that's how old these timbers are.....

View attachment 201951

you can see the axe marks the joints are pegged together no steel, nails, glue.

View attachment 201950

ive stabilised the wood

View attachment 201952

lots of shaping ive made it the same shape as one of the pegs in the timbers I'm using a moddog 510 and a moddog tube both are top-notch quality it sports a clickfet for protection and board control

so add this together

View attachment 201953 View attachment 201954 View attachment 201955 View attachment 201956 View attachment 201958 View attachment 201961

but wait with a mod like this and knowing it's going to Dunc

View attachment 201959

a nice bit of cow top grain leather

View attachment 201960

dye the leather saddle tan stitch buff k-coat and we have a matching case (the case fits it could have been better but im being picky)

in the paw 360 degree

this will go to @3dj boxed bagged with case mod and some wax plus extras

does your modmaker give you a bespoke service or are you happy with a jiffy bag?

love my mods, then like them, buy one....

Looks good Stu. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Great looking mod Stu and a thousand years of history in it too. :2thumbsup:

Absolutely love what you've done with the colours here, reminds me a little of Stone Roses artwork, just a bit less Pollocky [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom