What's new

Maximum possible coil size for Kelpie RTA.

Stevronius

Postman
I would like to know if anyone knows what the maximum size coil I could fit in the Kelpie RTA. I don’t have much wire and am on quite a small budget so cannot afford to waste wire making coils to find out myself Sinai was hoping someone in here might know.

Deuces Jack from Vaping Insider said he thought this tank is fantastic for custard eliquids, and I have two bottles of @Lee Prime Vapes custard steeping now for three months ready for vaping. I want to vape it on my most flavourful kit which is either the Kelpie with a massive single SS316L fused Clapton’s coil or my Rebirth RTA with dual 3mm coils.

So, what size could I fit it? I’m thinking 3.5mm or possibly 4mm may fit but not sure which to wrap. Also which tank would give better flavour for the custard the Rebirth or the Kelpie? I want to experience this juice at its best as it is quite expensive for me. I usually vape mystery box juice that is out of date lol so this is a real treat for me. I also have a Drop RDA, a Gear RTA and a DJV RDTA In my vape box, obviously I know the RDA would be the best for flavour but I find dripping hard work lol. But the gear and DJV are options if people think they would be better option, thoughts?

Anyway, back to the main question, what size coil do you think it is possible to fit MAXIMUM in the Kelpie for the most possible flavour, to absolutely fill the air flow channel? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
If you're short on wire sticking a bigger coil, using more wire, is counterproductive. Coils can be dry burnt & reused. Personally in the Kelpi anything bigger than 3mm makes an ok RTA shit, restricts airflow too much.

I don’t have a Kelpie and don’t vape on coils bigger than 3mm. However, if you wrap a 4mm coil and find it too big you can always take it out, straighten it and reuse the wire to make a 3mm coil.

I’m using one of the supplied coils in my kelpie. They’re 3mm but I pulled mine down to 2.5mm and I’m getting a pretty flavorful vape from it... bigger coils don’t necessarily equate to more flavour but will increase your juice consumption.

Back
Top Bottom