What's new

Why is my Profile Unity leaking? (with pics..)

Looks like your missing a seal where the bottom of the glass sits.
Edit: actually looks like its there.
Have you tried the standard glass.

I dont think wicking is the problem here must be a seal or that glass causing a loss of vacuum.

Nice one, I might do that.
I have some Vapefly Firebolt Cotton in the post alright. Not sure if they're the right size for it...
You will need 3 bits of firebolt cotton. You can wick is twice with 3 bits if you pull it most of the way through.

Looks like your missing a seal where the bottom of the glass sits.
Edit: actually looks like its there.
Have you tried the standard glass.

I dont think wicking is the problem here must be a seal or that glass causing a loss of vacuum.

I don't have the standard glass, it just came, used, with this one.
Yea, I'm coming to the same conclusion myself. Maybe a seal, that just maybe sealed itself temporarily last week, that one time.
I'm not totally sure how vacuum works in tanks, I must go and do a bit of research..

You will need 3 bits of firebolt cotton. You can wick is twice with 3 bits if you pull it most of the way through.

Ah, nice one. Yea, that makes sense. I think I've seen this method online. two bits on the bottom, and one on top..
I've been saving a bit of cotton by pulling it right through alright, when possible. No sense in wasting it, especially when I'm still pretty new to it, and I still mess up every so often.

I use two bits up top and 1 bit at the bottom. Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

I use two bits up top and 1 bit at the bottom. Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

Ah right.. I suppose it doesn't really make a difference once it's all squished in there.
Nice one. Yea, Martvb60 is going to send me some seals, hopefully that'll sort it out.

I'm wondering if the previous owner just received it like this, and found it leaking, and just resold it again on eBay. Maybe he thought it was just too difficult to wick. It's usually tough enough to find any of them used, nobody seems to want to sell them!

Back
Top Bottom