Innokin
What's new

Strange mesh experience

Biochemist

Postman
Morning,

I wouldn't say I am a mesh expert by any means, but I do occasionally build with mesh and can get something working confidently fairly fast. Recently I bought a second hand In'Ax Mk2r, set it up and put one of my favourite tobaccos in. I had hyped myself for a life-altering, mind-blowing experience but sadly I was left with a strange taste in my mouth (pun intended).

The liquid is a semi dry tobacco, more akin to cigarillo than cigar, overall one of my favourite liquids, and one I know very well. It has some hints of sweetness, some subtle taste of a fruit but it is very hard to pin it down.

In any case my experience was this: in the draw I got the flavour I know from this liquid (in somewhat lower intensity than with cotton but that's the mesh experience I've had so far with all liquids I've tried). The weird things happened in the exhale though: I got the known flavour, and at the tail end of exhaling the known flavour faded and ANOTHER tobacco taste showed up, dry and strong. It came like a wave, it's hard to describe.

I have vaped a lot of this liquid in multiple setups, I immediately tried it in cotton and got exactly what I knew so I rule out any issues with the liquid. I am not claiming that my build was the best, but the mesh had no hotspots or feeding issues at all, and In'Ax's chamber doesn't really allow you to mess it up I think.

So what on earth made a second tobacco flavour to uncover itself? I know that mesh will give the most accurate and "detailed" flavour of a liquid, but this experience through me off, to the point of being disappointed with it. Surely you'll say "but you got more than you ever did with cotton, why do you complain?", I am not complaining, but it was so unexpected that I haven't gone back to it.

Royal Flush Vape
I've never built but mesh coils opened up a whole new flavour profile for every juice I've used for many years. My first vape had the wow and wtf factor so I'm guessing you are getting a flavour that has always been there but not picked up by any other coil or build.

This is where a True Mesh Build will shine:)
Complexity of a liquid will come to the fore. Ironic that you mentioned a Cigarillo:)
I used to vape House of Liquid products all the time, one of which is “Cigarillos”. I never particularly enjoyed it on Cotton but as soon as I tried it on Mesh it was nirvana. So much flavour and so many complexities shone through that had always been missing previously.

Vape Green
When I can be arsed I will try it with some Manabush I just got delivered, think this is right the type of liquid to use with mesh.

Well, I did try it with mesh, and also on the trusted GSL which is about 28 times easier to set up than any genesis tank. I prefer it on the GSL. Yes, the In'ax will push through some nuances that the GSL might miss, but the overall flavour experience is, for me, better on the GSL.

Vape Superstore
When I can be arsed I will try it with some Manabush I just got delivered, think this is right the type of liquid to use with mesh.
What flavours did you get?

The ginger one which I can't write. Waxa-something :) I used to vape it ages and ages ago, don't believe I remember it much, but I used to find it a bit more pastry/cookie-forward than now.

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom