What's new

Goon 25 - 22 AWG Ni80 question

Biochemist

Postman
Heya, bit of a strange question this time but I'm looking to save myself some hassle.

I recently bought, on a whim, a roll of 22 AWG (0.64mm) Ni80, with a view to use on my Goon 25. I haven't ever used that thick roundwire, I'm thinking of 3.5mm core and 7 wraps per coil. Steam engine says that a build like that would be around 0.2 Ohm.

Does this sound like a good build for the Goonie? I usually build it with fused Claptons, around 0.15 Ohm and it works fine on a mech, however I don't know how this wire behaves, what's the best way to use it.

Caveat: I mostly vape DL, but I am not a cloud chaser, I use the Goon for its amazing flavour.

Heya, bit of a strange question this time but I'm looking to save myself some hassle.

I recently bought, on a whim, a roll of 22 AWG (0.64mm) Ni80, with a view to use on my Goon 25. I haven't ever used that thick roundwire, I'm thinking of 3.5mm core and 7 wraps per coil. Steam engine says that a build like that would be around 0.2 Ohm.

Does this sound like a good build for the Goonie? I usually build it with fused Claptons, around 0.15 Ohm and it works fine on a mech, however I don't know how this wire behaves, what's the best way to use it.

Caveat: I mostly vape DL, but I am not a cloud chaser, I use the Goon for its amazing flavour.

I used to run dual 22g n80 in my goon 1.5, loved it with the airflow closed halfway.

Get the coil positioned correctly and you shouldn't have any complaints. It's been a while, but I think it was 6 wrap 3mm. As I said, play around with coil height relative to the airflow until you find the sweet spot.

No 3.5 is pointless if your leaving gaps in the the airflow so drop to 3 and use 9 wraps so your coil covers most of the air intake and it will ohm close to what your after but give better flavour

I'd go with what Matt says. Imo the Goons lend themselves to long coils rather than wide ones, and an absolute fuck tonne of power if you run them wide open.

Decent enough atty, but it's full on big boy Vaping. My advice tbh is to sack off the round wire and go buy some big ass fused Clapton or framed staple coils/coils. Bigger the better in the 1.5 and 25mm imo.

I must be honest though @Biochemist, and this is no sleight against you at all, but I think that pretty much universally the flavour from Goon atties is wank. Aside from the LP, but that's a different ball game.

Just off the top of my head the Kali, phobia, mad dog, doge v4 etc etc will all out cloud it and with better flavour.

I must be honest though @Biochemist, and this is no sleight against you at all, but I think that pretty much universally the flavour from Goon atties is wank. Aside from the LP, but that's a different ball game.

Just off the top of my head the Kali, phobia, mad dog, doge v4 etc etc will all out cloud it and with better flavour.
That mad dog was criminally underrated. V2 wasn't anywhere as good. Loved the goon lp too but she was a bitch for getting your coils in. The kryton could kick some arse too.

No worries, I am not an RDA vaper or a big cloud chaser, and I don't know much about the market as I use RTAs and a couple of RDTAs almost exclusively. The only RDAs I use are the Goon 25 and Kennedy 25, both of which satisfy me in terms of flavour. The Kali looks interesting design wise - I am currently using QP's Fatality 25 and since Friday and I am blown away by how good it is in all counts so I trust them.

I may make fused Claptons with the round wire and see how it goes, they'll be big!

Back
Top Bottom