What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

It's also ace at cleaning dirty dishes, if you buy a large enough capacity one - I took the cutlery basket full of dirty cutlery out of the dishwasher and put it in the ultrasonic bath with a bit of cleaner - no heat, just vibration. Ten minutes and they were all sparkling! Just needed a rinse under the tap to get the cleaner off them.
Crockery - stands no chance, Doesn't break it but cleans it spotlessly. I took an old dishwasher plate rack and cut it to size, put it in the tank with about 10 plates, bowls, and mugs - 40 degrees and 10 minutes - again, spotless!
This may replace my dishwasher... :)

Whats a decent cheapie to get - I have to many tanks now cleaning them in the sink is becoming a joke :D

There isn't really such a thing as a decent cheapie - cheapies tend not to be ultrasonic at all, just high frequency vibration. And a cheapie that actually IS ultrasonic will wake the dead with the noise.- though you can quiet them down a bit with some of that draft excluder stuff round the lid to stop it howling. A decent cheapie would be like an ice cream van that came round in the evening, drove to the middle of an industrial estate somewhere, turned his machine on and legged it for half an hour, then dropped your stuff back. New service, maybe? :11:

Not true mine was 20 quid from aldi and it's still going strong after about 3 years . Great bit of kit I clean all sorts in mine not just vape stuff.

I got mine 3 years ago from Amazon, a James Products Ultrasonic 7000S and it's still getting my gear clean. I usually do the longest time setting, sometimes twice for the really grubby stuff, and it seems to do the job.

Maybe not a true ultrasonic, but it still perforates cooking foil, and strips paint of some coloured attys. Small and cheap(ish) at £34.

That does seem like a bit of a bargain - I might pick one up myself! The big pro one is great, but when you just want to clean a couple of things it's a bit overkill to fill and set up...

There isn't really such a thing as a decent cheapie - cheapies tend not to be ultrasonic at all, just high frequency vibration. And a cheapie that actually IS ultrasonic will wake the dead with the noise.- though you can quiet them down a bit with some of that draft excluder stuff round the lid to stop it howling. A decent cheapie would be like an ice cream van that came round in the evening, drove to the middle of an industrial estate somewhere, turned his machine on and legged it for half an hour, then dropped your stuff back. New service, maybe? :11:
What about this one? http://www.skymen.cc/product01/15/JP-890.html
Is this ultrasonic?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom