What's new

Menthol, and custard (but not together)

Noobienomore

Initiate
I've always lied the idea of a nice custard flavour, but they just don't seem to "work" for me. Been off the cigs for the best part of a year, and don't even feel tempted by them any more. I like fruit vapes, even with no nicotine, and found Prime Vapes triple berry etc. delicious, they actually made my mouth water.
So I thought I'd try their West Country Dairy Co Toffee Chunk Custard. noted that they advised steeping for custard flavours, so thought they must know what works and what doesn't. 2 months later - no. It tastes like a faint toffee aftertaste as expected, but the custard - tastes to me like slightly burnt Coffeemate. It gets rave reviews, so it must be me - but nothing "ice cream", or custard, has ever worked for me. Bought some flavourart custard concentrates, and added a bit to a 80/20 mix, along with some vanilla. Again, nope. got the vanilla, but the custard to me tasted identical to the West Country Dairy stuff - no sweet, smooth, custard taste, just the same vaguely burnt coffeemate taste.
I realise that custard from Flavourart is probably the same chemical as Prime Vapes and all the other little 10ml readymix custard this and triple custard that and this with a generous dollop of custard - I've tried flavour enhancers, I love the smell of the stuff, but through a vape (any vape, from a basic stick to a 200w box mod at various temps and wattages. no. just tastes dry and dusty to me. I love the smell, I even love the taste when a vape spits a bit of juice into your mouth with a "pop", I just don't like it vaped!
Is custard lost to me forever in vaping? Or is there a different custard flavour additive that I could try?

Secondly (and less of an essay) I love vaping menthol. I quickly realised that what I missed about the cigs (50-60 Marlboro red a day) was that burn, the throat hit - so I tried a couple of menthol flavours. The stronger the better. Bought some flavourart Arctic winter ad put it in straight PG for more of a hit. Love it. But I was putting in like 10% flavour concentrate!
So, in today, another 100mls of Arctic winter, 10mls of polar blast, and some "flash", a "hit enhancer". Any reccomendations with the "flash" - will it work in a menthol or is it primarily for other flavours?
Polar blast? Add a little or a lot?

Any suggestions on tasting custard, or getting a really harsh menthol - I want this to rip the lungs out of me...

I've always lied the idea of a nice custard flavour, but they just don't seem to "work" for me. Been off the cigs for the best part of a year, and don't even feel tempted by them any more. I like fruit vapes, even with no nicotine, and found Prime Vapes triple berry etc. delicious, they actually made my mouth water.
So I thought I'd try their West Country Dairy Co Toffee Chunk Custard. noted that they advised steeping for custard flavours, so thought they must know what works and what doesn't. 2 months later - no. It tastes like a faint toffee aftertaste as expected, but the custard - tastes to me like slightly burnt Coffeemate. It gets rave reviews, so it must be me - but nothing "ice cream", or custard, has ever worked for me. Bought some flavourart custard concentrates, and added a bit to a 80/20 mix, along with some vanilla. Again, nope. got the vanilla, but the custard to me tasted identical to the West Country Dairy stuff - no sweet, smooth, custard taste, just the same vaguely burnt coffeemate taste.
I realise that custard from Flavourart is probably the same chemical as Prime Vapes and all the other little 10ml readymix custard this and triple custard that and this with a generous dollop of custard - I've tried flavour enhancers, I love the smell of the stuff, but through a vape (any vape, from a basic stick to a 200w box mod at various temps and wattages. no. just tastes dry and dusty to me. I love the smell, I even love the taste when a vape spits a bit of juice into your mouth with a "pop", I just don't like it vaped!
Is custard lost to me forever in vaping? Or is there a different custard flavour additive that I could try?

Secondly (and less of an essay) I love vaping menthol. I quickly realised that what I missed about the cigs (50-60 Marlboro red a day) was that burn, the throat hit - so I tried a couple of menthol flavours. The stronger the better. Bought some flavourart Arctic winter ad put it in straight PG for more of a hit. Love it. But I was putting in like 10% flavour concentrate!
So, in today, another 100mls of Arctic winter, 10mls of polar blast, and some "flash", a "hit enhancer". Any reccomendations with the "flash" - will it work in a menthol or is it primarily for other flavours?
Polar blast? Add a little or a lot?

Any suggestions on tasting custard, or getting a really harsh menthol - I want this to rip the lungs out of me...

Is toffee chunk the only one you tried dude? This is probably the “least” custardy of the lot! The deluxe would’ve been a better choice, that’s full on custard and nothing more!

There is something seriously wrong if you can’t taste any custard in custard deluxe, it’s possibly the strongest vanilla custard I’ve tried [emoji16]

They don’t use any flavourart flavours at all by the way :)

Edit - for menthol and massive throat hit, try WS-23 that’ll be what you’re looking for.

Last edited:
Just a flavour dead spot. I can't taste custards / creams really tbf.

There's one or two I can taste, other than that... Nope, note.

Don't sweat it, our refined taste buds of connesiourism isn't destined to taste custard. Viva la fruit!

Nope, I have tried every custard I can get my hands on! And I'm not accusing them of using Flavourart concentrates, either - I'm just thinking that "custard" is like an e-number as far as vape mixtures go, it's the only one out there, you know when they list the additives to a cordial or something and it's "flavourings (E-whatever, Orange, E-whatever - lime, the one that makeskids go hyper) and all the rest, maybe "custard is one of those? I know Flavourar's main business is selling bulk flavourings to everyone from cider makers to ice cream makers, and "custard" might be an additive in it's own right, rather than each decent juice maker creating their own custard flavour? I cantaste the cinnamon the raspberry, whatever other flavours, but "custard" just doesn't work on my tastebuds. You know how some people think coriander tastes soapy, and they found it is actually a genetic thing?

And cheers for the tip on WS23, I'll have some ordered tonight. I might have it in the garage already actually - is it different from WD40? :)
Just made up a quick 50mlof PG, Arctic Winter, and a good strong squeeze of Polar Blast - it seems "satisfying" but not quite enough!

Back
Top Bottom