What's new

Leaking Berserker Mini RTA

lauzzy77

Initiate
Hello All,

I need help please. I have a Berserker Mini RTA 22mm that I've had for about 4 months.

Recently it's started leaking from the airflow hole and leaks into my mod.

It doesn't do this all the time though, usually after I've filled it up (can be re-filling or after changing the cotton out) it will gurgle and then I notice that the liquid is coming out of the airflow hole.

At first I didn't notice it leaking and only realised when liquid starting coming out of the air vent holes on my Vaporesso Tarot Nano. I'm worried that having liquid inside the mod is going to damage it if it hasn't already.

I have made sure that the 510 pin is tight and that all other bits are screwed on tightly so I'm perplexed as to why this is happening and it's as I mentioned not all the time.

My liquid is 50% PG 50% VG.

The only thing that has changed with the RTA since it started giving me hassles is that I dropped it and broke the glass tube. I put in a replacement glass tube but it is an original Vandy Vape Berserker mini replacement glass.

Any suggestions or help will be most welcome. I love my Berserker and I don't want to have to stop using it/buy another one.
Thanks from Laura :)

Perhaps when the glass broke, one of the o-ring seals was damaged. That can mean a loss of negative pressure inside the tank, which will cause the juice to leak as you describe.

Did you change the seals when you changed the glass?

Perhaps when the glass broke, one of the o-ring seals was damaged. That can mean a loss of negative pressure inside the tank, which will cause the juice to leak as you describe.

Did you change the seals when you changed the glass?
Thanks for the reply :) I admittedly didn't change the o-rings, actually didn't think about doing that.
I will take it apart tonight and have a look at the o-rings and change them out with the replacements and see if that helps. Thank you again. :)

If it's coming out of the air intake that would suggest it's getting flooded due to the wicking not filling the channels securely enough. Even if you've got your wicking technique prefect it can still happen if you change your brand of cotton to something that doesn't swell up as much as what you were using before.

I don't have any issues with leaking with my Berserker Minis, but I do still close down the airflow and tip upside down before fully tightening the top cap every time I refill. You probably shouldn't have to, but I got into the habit with previous tanks and stuck with it.

FWIW I also removed the big o-ring from the top cap on both of mine, it seems to close better without it on mine. :)

I don't have any issues with leaking with my Berserker Minis, but I do still close down the airflow and tip upside down before fully tightening the top cap every time I refill. You probably shouldn't have to, but I got into the habit with previous tanks and stuck with it.

FWIW I also removed the big o-ring from the top cap on both of mine, it seems to close better without it on mine. :)
Thank you so much for your suggestion! I also took out the O-ring on the top cap and now it closes so much easier (it was always a real battle before) :)

Thanks for the reply :) I admittedly didn't change the o-rings, actually didn't think about doing that.
I will take it apart tonight and have a look at the o-rings and change them out with the replacements and see if that helps. Thank you again. :)
I had a look last night and the O-ring did have a tiny piece that must have been cut when the glass broke. So small though, I really battled to see it. But I changed the O-ring out for the spare one and so far so good. :) Thank you so much for your suggestion and help! :)

Glad you sorted everything out. Know that u purchased one of the greatest MTL tanks currently on the market![emoji3059]
'n enjoy using it.

Did removing the o ring cause any other problems?
I got a beserker mini 3 days ago and have trouble unscrewing the top cap even using s rubber band for grip. I have sore fingers today.

Did removing the o ring cause any other problems?
I got a beserker mini 3 days ago and have trouble unscrewing the top cap even using s rubber band for grip. I have sore fingers today.
Nope, I still use one most days and removing that big o-ring has never caused a leak. Like you, my top cap was horribly stiff with the o-ring on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom