What's new

SQuape N[duro] thread

That reminds me I have a clone somewhere waiting for testing....

I loved my original Squape, and then the R, but they disappeared down the overcomplicating Kayfun road and my style shifted to restricted DTL.

The Xdream ranks as one of the worst atomisers I've ever owned - hence I'm exceptionally reluctant to give the N a run out.

DTL might be tricky with this - i believe Todd showed a new "loose MTL restricted DTL" airflow option for this RTA, but it may be sold separately. The default DTL airflow option is pretty loose as i gathered.
All in all the RTA is really easy to work on and works like a treat, but does come with a few quirks.
Oh and the bayonet action actually loosened the 510 on my chinese DNA box :)

Squape X[dream] has been my daily driver for -cumulatively- about 2 years, and it's been my go to for about the past year. Just got my N[duro] in the mail today. She was real stiff, like the locking mechanism and airflow adjustment? Real hard to turn. Was a little off putting, but it's eased up over the day as I've been vaping on it, now it's pretty smooth. Juice flow ports are kind of hard to access, there's no knurling on the top cap and it's hard to turn, your fingers better be dry. Also, I find myself opening up the juice flow by accident when trying to open just the juice fill ports so I have to be careful. She likes her wicks real light in the juice wells, haha, holy. For some odd reason I've been getting Temp Protect and Check Atomizer a bit with this one in temp control. Not sure what the deal is, I'm very experienced in this regard. Simple 28ga round wire spaced build and it's giving me temp protect issues? I guess I'll try the DL deck (currently using MTL deck with Soft MTL closing ring) and see if that has the same issue, maybe it's a QC issue with the deck, Idk, never had any issues with TC on the X[dream]. Using a DNA250C, btw. Flavor. I think the X[dream] running dual coils actually tastes a bit better than the N[duro], but the N[duro] is obviously more efficient on batteries and probably juice consumption. I took the X[dream] stock drip tip and put it on the N[duro] and it bumps flavor up considerably, it's in range of the X[dream] now, but still not quite there. But the N[duro] with X[dream] drip tip is a very good flavor tank, imho, and so much easier to build on. Cool how they fixed that old problem with the X[dream] where you'd get juice on your lip if you ripped hard with the stock drip tip (I used the drip tip from a Taifun GT III clone because it had these little legs that lifted the drip tip off the surface where juice puddled, so that drip tip didn't suck up juice or kill the flavor much). The drip tip port on the N[duro] is cupped so juice can't get sucked up by the drip tip anymore, it just drains back down the chimney. See here:
uc

Idk, I rebuilt like 3 times, ran her in Replay mode for a while which worked a lot better, still not perfect. Then I rebuilt on her again with some MTL staple wire by Coilology and put it in TC mode again... it's had a couple hiccups, but it's been working pretty well this last build. Idk what the problem was/is. Any tips are welcome, I've never really run into this. I've heard steel wool on your mod's positive pin can help? Idek, that sounds sketch, personally.

Squape X[dream] has been my daily driver for -cumulatively- about 2 years, and it's been my go to for about the past year. Just got my N[duro] in the mail today. She was real stiff, like the locking mechanism and airflow adjustment? Real hard to turn. Was a little off putting, but it's eased up over the day as I've been vaping on it, now it's pretty smooth. Juice flow ports are kind of hard to access, there's no knurling on the top cap and it's hard to turn, your fingers better be dry. Also, I find myself opening up the juice flow by accident when trying to open just the juice fill ports so I have to be careful. She likes her wicks real light in the juice wells, haha, holy. For some odd reason I've been getting Temp Protect and Check Atomizer a bit with this one in temp control. Not sure what the deal is, I'm very experienced in this regard. Simple 28ga round wire spaced build and it's giving me temp protect issues? I guess I'll try the DL deck (currently using MTL deck with Soft MTL closing ring) and see if that has the same issue, maybe it's a QC issue with the deck, Idk, never had any issues with TC on the X[dream]. Using a DNA250C, btw. Flavor. I think the X[dream] running dual coils actually tastes a bit better than the N[duro], but the N[duro] is obviously more efficient on batteries and probably juice consumption. I took the X[dream] stock drip tip and put it on the N[duro] and it bumps flavor up considerably, it's in range of the X[dream] now, but still not quite there. But the N[duro] with X[dream] drip tip is a very good flavor tank, imho, and so much easier to build on. Cool how they fixed that old problem with the X[dream] where you'd get juice on your lip if you ripped hard with the stock drip tip (I used the drip tip from a Taifun GT III clone because it had these little legs that lifted the drip tip off the surface where juice puddled, so that drip tip didn't suck up juice or kill the flavor much). The drip tip port on the N[duro] is cupped so juice can't get sucked up by the drip tip anymore, it just drains back down the chimney. See here:
uc

Idk, I rebuilt like 3 times, ran her in Replay mode for a while which worked a lot better, still not perfect. Then I rebuilt on her again with some MTL staple wire by Coilology and put it in TC mode again... it's had a couple hiccups, but it's been working pretty well this last build. Idk what the problem was/is. Any tips are welcome, I've never really run into this. I've heard steel wool on your mod's positive pin can help? Idek, that sounds sketch, personally.
OK, i've had similar issues with TC as well - i've tried 28g and 26g SS and usually just vape in power / wattage mode after a while.
my crazy theory (i've watched a few Morten Oen's videos) is that this is because the NDuro is single side airflow only- you don't effectively cool the coil for TC and that's why you hit temp protection. TC usually works for a while after rebuilding / cleaning coils and rewicking.

Last edited:
OK, i've had similar issues with TC as well 9- i've tried 28g and 26g SS and usually just vape in power / wattage mode after a while.
my crazy theory (i've watched a few Morten Oen's videos) is that this is because the NDuro is single side airflow only- you don't effectively cool the coil for TC and that's why you hit temp protection. TC usually works for a while after rebuilding / cleaning coils and rewicking.
Thanks, you might be on to something. I was vaping at 18W, 430F, occasionally (maybe one in 10 draws) getting Temp Protect. I upped the wattage to 20W and it seems to have gone away. Maybe I was overpowering the coil with my draw speed and that was the issue?

-Edit- Later lowered to 14W and it still worked, so I have no idea...

Further findings:
The N[duro] dirties up your tank! Gunk from your coils leeches up into the tank and turns your pretty clear ejuice BROWN. Kind of grody.

Earlier I said the top cap was hard to turn. Since then I've gotten some juice into the cracks of the top fill (unicorn bottles don't always insert into tank, so some juice gets onto top cap, ime) and the top cap turn resistance has eased up a lot just like the airflow control. It's very manageable after a day's use.

Last edited:
Thanks, you might be on to something. I was vaping at 18W, 430F, occasionally (maybe one in 10 draws) getting Temp Protect. I upped the wattage to 20W and it seems to have gone away. Maybe I was overpowering the coil with my draw speed and that was the issue?

-Edit- Later lowered to 14W and it still worked, so I have no idea...

Further findings:
The N[duro] dirties up your tank! Gunk from your coils leeches up into the tank and turns your pretty clear ejuice BROWN. Kind of grody.

Earlier I said the top cap was hard to turn. Since then I've gotten some juice into the cracks of the top fill (unicorn bottles don't always insert into tank, so some juice gets onto top cap, ime) and the top cap turn resistance has eased up a lot just like the airflow control. It's very manageable after a day's use.
Yep, the gunk part is real. A rewick of the nduro usually means a quick rinse of both the build deck and the tank.

Does the gunk buildup in your juice make it taste burnt quicker? Are you guys building more often on this one than others?

Both decks have issues with TC for me. Contacted StattQualm, they said take some pictures of stuff for us, I did, they said ship it in for us to take a look at... Is anyone else having issues with temperature control? Is it worth sending this tank in? I've already laid down a lot of cash for this tank, I got both decks, and even when it's working as intended it gunks up my juice to the point I don't want to vape the rest of the tank... When everything's just right it works well, but it rarely seems to have everything right for me, the X[dream] is waaay more reliable. Also, I took a drill bit to my X[dream] top cap, now the drip tip port is cupped just like the N[duro]. Now I can use stock drip tip with X[dream], rip as hard as I want, get awesome flavor, and no juice on my bottom lip, juice build up in drip tip port flows back down chimney as designed. Good stuff. X[dream] is better than ever these days.

Does the gunk buildup in your juice make it taste burnt quicker? Are you guys building more often on this one than others?

Both decks have issues with TC for me. Contacted StattQualm, they said take some pictures of stuff for us, I did, they said ship it in for us to take a look at... Is anyone else having issues with temperature control? Is it worth sending this tank in? I've already laid down a lot of cash for this tank, I got both decks, and even when it's working as intended it gunks up my juice to the point I don't want to vape the rest of the tank... When everything's just right it works well, but it rarely seems to have everything right for me, the X[dream] is waaay more reliable. Also, I took a drill bit to my X[dream] top cap, now the drip tip port is cupped just like the N[duro]. Now I can use stock drip tip with X[dream], rip as hard as I want, get awesome flavor, and no juice on my bottom lip, juice build up in drip tip port flows back down chimney as designed. Good stuff. X[dream] is better than ever these days.
yep, again, this is only my theory, but the fact that the Nduro is single side airflow only means the coil doesn't cool properly and it gunks up wayy faster, even with juice that's not particularly gunky. for some odd reason, bottom airflow only RTAs don't have this problem. Must have something to do with physics and stuff.
I'd like to try out 30g coils in it to see if that helps at all but i don't have any 30g wire :( 28 gauge is still too "fat" for this tank, you can still see vapor coming out of the tank after taking a toot which just means more gunk.

Back
Top Bottom