What's new

Smoant Pasito

It does sound like a duff especially as it's giving the same reading, I coil the same way as you but not as pretty.

I have just stripped the base in question (simply push the gold pin from underneath) and the inside looked a little ragged, mines working but you may have a burr inside yours causing a short? - worth a quick check and give it a fettle.

Pasito-RBA-1.jpg

Knowing how experienced you are at building even the smallest.coils @Crewella (oh yes the nautilus rba) add that you'll know exactly what ohms it's going to be and accounting for the safety cut off in the pasito (which I've tested a few times), I think you should mount the coil in the empty pod minus the drip tip and top of the rba and pulse. A nice even glow at the lowest wattage will show it's the 510 converter that's janky and you can vape on while we send you a spare 510 adapter in preparation for its next clean and wick.

Just been trying to replicate your problem, a foreign body or burr inside the base section will cause this and explain the consistent readings, my bet is it's a burr overlapping the peak insulator and a simple fix, I know you know your stuff so should be an easy fix for you.

Push the pin out, remove the peak insulator and scrape away the burrs / debris inside the bore and try it again, there's nothing else that can go wrong with its simple construction so even if this doesn't work you can rule out the base.

I also tried to test the ohms on a coil master ohms meter without the base and you can hand hold it in position and get a reading, obviously no good for pulsing though lol, so as @eyeball kid said dry burn it in the pod.

Just been trying to replicate your problem, a foreign body or burr inside the base section will cause this and explain the consistent readings, my bet is it's a burr overlapping the peak insulator and a simple fix, I know you know your stuff so should be an easy fix for you.

Push the pin out, remove the peak insulator and scrape away the burrs / debris inside the bore and try it again, there's nothing else that can go wrong with its simple construction so even if this doesn't work you can rule out the base.

I also tried to test the ohms on a coil master ohms meter without the base and you can hand hold it in position and get a reading, obviously no good for pulsing though lol, so as @eyeball kid said dry burn it in the pod.
Thank you will try this tonight. :)

Agree. In this case there's no one I'd trust more to build an exacting coil that needs zero checking before cracking on.
That said, anyone reading this with the same issue. Follow Vapeneezer's instructions and if your still getting iratic readings then return your rba for a new one before use.

Here's a photo of the base section stripped down, I trimmed the excess from the peak insulator and the pin protrudes more now but I had no burrs or debris in this one.

The peak insulator needs some elbow grease to remove, I used a stepped coil rod and rubber hammer.

Pasito-Rba.jpg

One last thing that affected my ohms on one of my RBA's was the base tab wasn't tight enough (which connects to the positive leg) but that caused the opposite and had higher ohms, tightened it up gently with small pliers and reads true now.

One last thing that affected my ohms on one of my RBA's was the base tab wasn't tight enough (which connects to the positive leg) but that caused the opposite and had higher ohms, tightened it up gently with small pliers and reads true now.
These vary in tightness too. I've one that will unscrew extremely easily when removing from the gold base connector on the pod. If left loose as you say it allows the coil post to flex and spin possibly causing shorts or variations.
I will say however, I've used three here. One review pod and two I bought for me and mrs kid due to how good the review one was and they all have an excellent response to shorts. All immediately shut down and flash all the led's to warn of a short.

Back
Top Bottom