What's new

"Fitzgerald" the butterfly mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
things have meanings so no DVD as such but this instead

“His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly's wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred. Later he became conscious of his damaged wings and of their construction and he learned to think and could not fly any more because the love of flight was gone and he could only remember when it had been effortless.”

as time passes me by I look back at the things I have done as a third party and say "did I do that" mod making has bought some of the skills back but I'm not as sharp as I once was and I can only look back now and see as Hemmingway says "I remember when it had been effortless...."

block shot

alfIMG_9910.jpg

the butterfly is a speckled wood I saw him on a window sill last week, I had an idea but being busy never cemented that thought, some days later he was still there (I am by nature very superstitious and always chase moths and butterflies out the houses that we are converting) this one, had passed away last year. I raced over early one morning and picked him there are lots of windows so It took a while.

alfIMG_9926.jpg

tube cutting here, adjusting the bore of the tube it's too tight

alfIMG_9928.jpg

assembled and ready for finishing

alfIMG_9935.jpg
alfIMG_9936.jpg
alfIMG_9937.jpg
alfIMG_9938.jpg

the pictures aren't the best as its a dull day

alfIMG_9933.jpg
alfIMG_9934.jpg

pictures that you have to do these days because every other idiot has to show the size

alfIMG_9940.jpg

next to a small dogs nose

alfIMG_9941.jpg

the led lights up the mod inside

in the paw 360

this is going to my chum @nwhornet to fiddle with knobs and try it

then it will be for sale

love my mods, then like them follow me, and buy one

p.s @Crewella after many clues she told me what I had made after I challenged her to guess im not saying she won but as always she is very well-read and I love her to bits (in a non-sloppy pal sort of way):2thumbsup:

Been a while since i last had a nosy around your machine shop & your masterpieces Stu.

I'm not squonker user myself, but this is beautiful mate..love the little butterfly, and a novel way of capturing it's beauty too.

A sort of modern version of butterfly collecting...but not with a net & a specimen cabinet....this time with resin! Presevating his beauty for all eternity. Lovely.

And now you're going to tell me, that you were joking..and that's not real butterfly, aren't you Stu?! lol!

Gorgeous, all the same.

PS: say hi to Alfie, from me! :)2 skype-dog-emoticon.gif

Been a while since i last had a nosy around your machine shop & your masterpieces Stu.

I'm not squonker user myself, but this is beautiful mate..love the little butterfly, and a novel way of capturing it's beauty too.

A sort of modern version of butterfly collecting...but not with a net & a specimen cabinet....this time with resin! Presevating his beauty for all eternity. Lovely.

And now you're going to tell me, that you were joking..and that's not real butterfly, aren't you Stu?! lol!

Gorgeous, all the same.

PS: say hi to Alfie, from me! :)2 View attachment 200619

it's a real butterfly

Liz is freaked out by it and in a way, I am also you can see the butterfly close up, it's a straight forward clickfet non squonking i was going to do a squonker but in the end, chose to do a normal mod it will take a 25mm Atty

I was torn between doing this as the reaction "is it real" did cross my mind but I can say no creatures were hurt in the making (his life had passed a while ago)

Very original Stu and the butterfly has been immortalised forever.
Alfie looks well impressed with his handiwork. [emoji106][emoji106]
Give the lad a well earned gravy bone. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom