What's new

Smoant Pasito

When you trimmed the legs could a bit of wire dropped somewhere in the deck causing a short.??

Arse.
Houston we have a short. Any chance a wire leg is arcing against the chimney crew. Something is creating a circuit but a very short one.
Don't think so. Trimmed flush with the exit hole like this on both sides (hopefully you can see the end of the wire?), and it's a micro coil so sits neatly between the posts. Unless anyone spots anything?

P1190899.JPG

One thing I also see in the pics, whilst I'm at it though, is the threading on the 510 looks pretty shonky.

When you trimmed the legs could a bit of wire dropped somewhere in the deck causing a short.??
You'll laugh at me .............. but when I trim them I hold one end so they don't get lost, carefully fold them so they can't spike anyone and then throw them in the kitchen bin. And check I've got them all. :8:

.......... so probably not. :D

You'll laugh at me .............. but when I trim them I hold one end so they don't get lost, carefully fold them so they can't spike anyone and then throw them in the kitchen bin. And check I've got them all. :8:

.......... so probably not. :D

Me too, me toooooooo :D

Don't think so. Trimmed flush with the exit hole like this on both sides (hopefully you can see the end of the wire?), and it's a micro coil so sits neatly between the posts. Unless anyone spots anything?

View attachment 200603

One thing I also see in the pics, whilst I'm at it though, is the threading on the 510 looks pretty shonky.
Crew, is the coil leg I'm looking at trapped under the screw or has it run up the screw thread.
Just annoying myself now.

Crew, is the coil leg I'm looking at trapped under the screw or has it run up the screw thread.
Just annoying myself now.
I know the feeling, but I've built it three times now, and tighteted and loosed the screws to check. Giving up for the night, thanks.

I do think that these threads might be useful for other people too though. Even if it is just that this one is duff. :)

O`k - probably wont help you as much as it helps me, cant believe how bad mine looked.

1 difference - your coil goes up, mine goes down, damn it. Excuse to change coil.

upload_2019-9-16_1-43-5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom