Vape Superstore
What's new

help needed

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
lost of threads about the flavour ban in America

we have a few USA members @kockeyedkitty is one who is very active and always ready to listen to us brits

my ask is to have a thread pinned or alike saying where the places to go to, to sign petitions or phone numbers or vaping associations so people can write email there stories and why its bad for the industry to loose flavours

ok so it doesn't affect us or does it at the moment we have the TPD but its nothing for the cartridge bootleggers to sell here

if we have only 2 deaths in the uk the whole industry can go tits up from some idiot making THC vaping gear in his shed

I'm looking at the bigger picture juice today mods tomorrow if the USA government can stop vaping they will

we are a leading forum lets support our family

I'm going to tag @Rob , @junglist @OccultScientist

Royal Flush Vape
Nice idea but as far as I know any petitions worth signing have to be signed by native citizens. Us signing those petitions is a waste of time as without a US address they will not ultimately be included.

And the US government doesn't give a rats ass what American vapers think let alone British ones.

Unfortunately, British vapers will play no role in American policy on vaping. We just have to be thankful that our government, for all its faults, has a common sense approach to vaping.

Last edited:
Nice idea but as far as I know any petitions worth signing have to be signed by native citizens. Us signing those petitions is a waste of time as without a US address they will not be counted.

And the US government doesn't give a rat's ass what American vapers think let alone British ones.

Unfortunately, British vapers will play no role in American policy on vaping.

very true but we have a lot of USA members and we are also a forum that is global

and in regard to the USA government not caring yep very true except for one thing

in 2016 there were 10million vapers in the states that is 10million voters now in 2019 they are saying it could be double that, that's 20million voters thats a lot of pissed off voters I expect its a waste of time but if you don't fight then just lie down and be a carpet

my ask was to show solidarity for them and help for any USA member

AcmeFog
If all the state side vapers are anything like Jackvape then I'm signing nothing!

very true but we have a lot of USA members and we are also a forum that is global

and in regard to the USA government not caring yep very true except for one thing

in 2016 there were 10million vapers in the states that is 10million voters now in 2019 they are saying it could be double that, that's 20million voters thats a lot of pissed off voters I expect its a waste of time but if you don't fight then just lie down and be a carpet

my ask was to show solidarity for them and help for any USA member

I don't disagree with anything that you're saying. I just dont think we can have any real effect on what happens over there.

I seriously doubt it's only Big T putting pressure on vaping. It's probably Big Pharma too as they profit from the treatments needed to treat tobacco related diseases.

I certainly have sympathy for our American counterparts. Imagine living in a country where it's easier to get an assault riffle than it is to buy a vape kit. Smh.

Last edited:
Vape Superstore
Nice idea but as far as I know any petitions worth signing have to be signed by native citizens. Us signing those petitions is a waste of time as without a US address they will not ultimately be included.

And the US government doesn't give a rats ass what American vapers think let alone British ones.

Unfortunately, British vapers will play no role in American policy on vaping. We just have to be thankful that our government, for all its faults, has a common sense approach to vaping.
I think the only way they would hear us is as a customers - we buy quite a lot of juice from across the pond....

The biggest problem I can see is that we may very well end up with "mothers against vaping (UK chapter)" screaming think of the children all over the daily mail...

Vape Green
Thank you so much for this @vapesmarter !!
I posted on Twitter earlier and tagged Trump so I'm hoping he sees the news clip. If not I'll post it as a reply on one of his posts on vaping.

Just makes me cringe when I think of all the things they wanna make legal here and what they wanna make illegal.

Tis worrying that what's happening elsewhere in the world, with regards to vaping...and not just the USA. It is banned in Brazil, Uraguay, Thailand, Cambodia, Lebanon, Philippines and Vietnam, and Australia are clamping down hard on it too. Incredibly, in Thailand, tourisst bringing their vaping gear with them, could face up to 10 years in prison! Jordan, Oman and Qatar have banned it on the pretext that they think Nicotine is harmful to health..even though they allow the sale of cigarettes to continue! It's haevily regulated in Taiwan. Japan has a similar approach to Australia, allowing vape equipment to be sold, but not nicotine ejuices. And in some regions of India, it is also outlawed. Hong Kong has also recently introduced a ban on the sales of vape products....that could lead to outright ban on vaping.....if they stop roiting there, first! And it's frowned upon in Argentina & Venezuela.

As far as i'm aware, the only european country that has some restrictio of vaping products, is Norway..where nicotine eliquids are banned.

The only good news of late..is that the Seycelles and the UAE, both countries where vaping is currently banned, are about to allow it soon.

The USA, whilst being a one of the biggest vaping countries in the world currently..it also has the might of the Tobacco giants bearing down on the goverment..and the sales of eliquids isn't as strictly controlled or regulated as in other provaping countries. It doesn't surprise me, with the administration that the US has got at the moment....that they've decided to do this. All talk and think later is Trump...i can't stand him!

I feel sorry for the Americans who have put with him and his stupid antics......mind you..we now a blonde git in our goverment..who has almost the same attitude to politics as Trump!

What the hell has happened to the world over these last few years? Countries are being taken over by right wing lunatics!

The Electronic Cigarette Company
There is no point pinning a thread that will get little traffic.

If our members across the pond want to start a US specific thread then I am sure they will find the rest of the forum supportive.
If it becomes useful and gets used, by all means pin it.

The US might be moving towards ridiculous restrictions, but they have stronger freedom of speech rights than we have in the uk. I do not see why a uk based forum would have any significant role to play compared to US based platforms.

We have useful experience in fighting, countering and mitigating restrictions on vaping but these experiences are more likely to filter into the US through US based platforms. I am sure there are campaigners in the US that are aware of the tpd and the European experience and feeding that into platforms with more than half a dozen US users.

Back
Top Bottom