What's new

Any ideas?

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a mod from the classies a while back and when it arrived the two large door magnets were completely loose so I superglued them into place. I obviously wasn't concentrating on what I was doing because I've glued one of them back to front. :doh:

I've run out of ideas on how to remove it without damaging the door or shattering the magnet. Anybody got any ideas?

DSC_0214.JPG

I bought a mod from the classies a while back and when it arrived the two large door magnets were completely loose so I superglued them into place. I obviously wasn't concentrating on what I was doing because I've glued one of them back to front. :doh:

I've run out of ideas on how to remove it without damaging the door or shattering the magnet. Anybody got any ideas?

View attachment 200337
White vinegar. Not nice, gourmet gear - cheap, nasty tesco value shit. Strips superglue if it's allowed to soak in.

Only downside is your door will smell like a well seasoned fillet o fish
[emoji23]

Only if it's the proper stuff containing acetone.

The new cuddly stuff is utter pants.
Yes you are right. Acetone is the enemy of superglue.

I've used the cheapest NVR ASDA sells and it works, just make sure you don't get the one designed for those UV light varnishes - they are for a completely different chemical.

Apply with a cotton bud leave for 10 minutes and it should be a pile of goo. :22:

Hmmmmm ............ I did exactly the same thing as @Mitz a few months back. I might dig the mod out of the drawer of shame and give acetone a go. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom