What's new

Smoant Battlestar

I've never tested that myself ;)

The one in the picture above I bought at the beginning of last October, my first mod :)

I'm just half way through another review and they are trying to break it, he's just chucked it out of his window!, its still working.

As you've had it for almost a year, any niggling little problems?

I'm just half way through another review and they are trying to break it, he's just chucked it out of his window!, its still working.

As you've had it for almost a year, any niggling little problems?

The rubbery part of the construction means it's difficult to slide into a pocket (but on the flip that means it's unlikely to slip out of your hand).

And, well, that's it.

Apparently the temperature control system isn't the best, but I only dabbled with that and decided it wasn't for me anyway. It seemed to work, just it's not for me...

The rubbery part of the construction means it's difficult to slide into a pocket (but on the flip that means it's unlikely to slip out of your hand).

And, well, that's it.

Apparently the temperature control system isn't the best, but I only dabbled with that and decided it wasn't for me anyway. It seemed to work, just it's not for me...

Thanks, I think I will get one, the only real downside I've found is that it eats up your battery life.

Thanks, I think I will get one, the only real downside I've found is that it eats up your battery life.

No more than any other mod as far as I'm concerned.

Mine did show odd battery levels for like the first day, but a firmware upgrade was quick and easy and sorted that out.

It's certainly comparable to, if not better than, the other dual cell mod I have (squid db 2.1) and is acceptably close enough to double the life of the single cell mods I have - on the same wattage obv...

The screen backlight obviously uses a bit of battery too, but it's dimmable and also turnoffable (stealth mode ;))

Oh, and if you do get one and hate it, I accept zero responsibility :p

I wont blame anyone, I'm just very grateful for the information, thanks pdg :)

Yeah. As pdg says the firmware update helps with the battery life so it's worth doing.

Don't have a firewall active on your PC or laptop though as that can stop it updating.

Yeah. As pdg says the firmware update helps with the battery life so it's worth doing.

Don't have a firewall active on your PC or laptop though as that can stop it updating.

Thanks for the tip:)

If I remember correctly...

The reputedly short battery life was down to a quite high "low battery" cutoff point, something in the order of 3.6v.

The update allowed it to discharge the cells further, to about 3.3v or thereabouts.

So, it wasn't actually running the cells down faster, it just wasn't using all the capacity.

If I remember correctly...

The reputedly short battery life was down to a quite high "low battery" cutoff point, something in the order of 3.6v.

The update allowed it to discharge the cells further, to about 3.3v or thereabouts.

So, it wasn't actually running the cells down faster, it just wasn't using all the capacity.

Interesting. Didn't know that but it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom