You could try these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-212328_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-212328_Chrome.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20190315-212111_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-212111_Chrome.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 195
Mine are literally just sat upon 22mm overflow pipe straight connectors.

Cheap at 60p each and literally no effort to make.

Yeah have had the same happen to me.
Not sure why this hasn't....
Wood will split radially from the centre of the tree to the live edge (bark side) for a number of reasons. This type of split is often called a shake. With slices like this there are two main reasons why shakes almost always occur:

1 - the centre of the tree, the small sliver inside the innermost ring if you will, is dead and essentially rotting (this is called the pith of the tree). This process carries with it an inherent instability (a need to move) which is magnified the further out from the centre you go. The only way the wood can accommodate this differential movement across its thickness is to split at its weakest point.

2 - as soon a tree is felled it begins to lose moisture and as it does so the wood itself contracts across its grain. This moisture escapes from the surface area of the log/plank but not equally so. The end grain of wood passes moisture far more quickly than long grain surfaces. This means that in a single piece of wood you will have some parts drying and therefore contracting, quicker than others. This results in stresses building up which will eventually lead to a warping of the wood or a shake.

Hope that helps.

(My hobby is woodworking - I have a plan for a small vape-stuff cabinet rattling around my noggin and will post it up here when it falls out)

That is mint I'm liking that do both rotate or just the top part, or does it have a base under the main one, really need to get meself a 3d printer I use Autodesk inventor at work every day
The whole top rotates (base underneath) I designed it with an elongated fidget spinner style and pillar bearings, this was my smaller earlier versions
VapeRoulet-3.jpg
VapeRoulet-5.jpg
:

Back
Top Bottom