What's new

New MTL RDTA

I'm with @bellyman on this ..
What's wrong with a simple rta?

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with an rta, but there are slight issues (more or less slight depending on preference).

It's difficult to make a squonkable rta.

Unless your wicking is spot on, opening a top fill rta when it's half full (to top it up before you go out, say) runs a higher risk of flooding it.

There's that flavour thing - I always found a dripper to have more flavour than a tank, people say it's because the vapour tract is shorter. RDTA has this short tract.

If this was just another rta I'd be unlikely to give it a second glance, but because it's just another rdta I'm pretty interested. Being able to switch the airflow right under the coil looks good.

If it's as good as the Gaia it'll be great for MTL. The Gaia is the most flavoursome true RDTA I have & great for squonking. Gaia on a Drone [emoji106]
IMG_20190811_144920.jpeg

Hmm, I'll have to dig mine out and give it another go.
I tend to run it in TC with NiF30 as the fecker does get hot being dual coil & smallish chamber. That's about the only fault I have with it when running claptons etc. Great on the Drone 250C :2thumbsup:

I tend to run it in TC with NiF30 as the fecker does get hot being dual coil & smallish chamber. That's about the only fault I have with it when running claptons etc. Great on the Drone 250C :2thumbsup:
Mine leaks out of the air inlets when I squonk ffs [emoji35]

Mine leaks out of the air inlets when I squonk ffs [emoji35]
Either not enough cotton or the screw at the top of the squonk tube isn't fitted. Or you squonking too hard. Gentle squeeze, not a teenager grabbing a tit for the first time :D

Either not enough cotton or the screw at the top of the squonk tube isn't fitted. Or you squonking too hard. Gentle squeeze, not a teenager grabbing a tit for the first time :D
Yeah probably too hard so it doesn't have a chance to get into the tank and just carries on through to the deck where it's leaking out. Looks good though [emoji16]
20190905_184014.jpeg

Yeah probably too hard so it doesn't have a chance to get into the tank and just carries on through to the deck where it's leaking out. Looks good though [emoji16]View attachment 199887
If the screw is in place juice can't get through unless wicking is too loose & if that was the case then the tank would have to overfill.

Back
Top Bottom