What's new

RE: Nicotine - 6ml Salt Vs 6ml Freebase - Satisfaction?

TonyTouch

Initiate
Hiya, I've been vaping premixed 6ml nicotine freebase eliquids.

Wondering if a 6ml nicotine salt mix would deliver a similar or near nicotine satisfaction?

Depends on what you call satisfaction, salts will be a lot smoother so at 6mg it will be so smooth it will be like vaping fresh air so no throat hit at all, if you don't increase the nic it will feel exactly the same but will ware off quicker than freebase plus it tastes different

Depends on what you call satisfaction, salts will be a lot smoother so at 6mg it will be so smooth it will be like vaping fresh air so no throat hit at all, if you don't increase the nic it will feel exactly the same but will ware off quicker than freebase plus it tastes different

Thanks for the reply, that will explain why (from what i have heard) so many people use a higher dose with salts.
Hmmmm, I may try a 50/50% at 3ml of each, to see how that suites me.

I didn’t know salts wear off quicker than freebase?

Yeah it metabolizes faster than freebase don't have the link to the research I read so zou would be fucking handy to be around as he would know what I'm on about and it's chaos in my house right now too but give me a few hours to get the kids in bed and I'll see if I can find it for you mate [emoji4]

Having tried nic salts a number of times I much prefer freebase nic..
I dont like the way nic salts flavours the eliquid..
Nic salts hit you quicker but tapers off quick while freebase takes longer to hit but lasts longer..
Basically you need to do some experimenting and see what suits you best or which you prefer taste wise..I personally find freebase nic tastes a lot more like nicotine so to speak opposed to nic salts when mixing 72mg..but it’s all down to your preference as we all like different stuff.

Hiya, I've been vaping premixed 6ml nicotine freebase eliquids.

Wondering if a 6ml nicotine salt mix would deliver a similar or near nicotine satisfaction?

I find the throat hit from 6mg freebies similar to the throat hit from 20mg nic salts. 10mg salts or 6mg salts dont provide much of a throat hit for me. 20mg nic salts give me a satisfying mtl vape, where 6mg or 10mg don't. It's personal preference though.

Dahut posted an article ages ago that explained how the standard freebase nic, after it has steeped with flavours, creates a substance called nicotyrine. Nicotyrine aids in the absorption of nicotine and makes it more satisfying and last longer.

The theory is that the salt nicotine, which is much more chemically stable than freebase, doesn’t do this, because it doesn’t actually steep at all.

I think there is a lot of psychosomatic effects going on with the salt nic. I think personally that any perception of faster hit, increased satisfaction etc is purely down to being able to puff stronger solutions, because it’s so smooth.

For me at least freebase is much better. With the salt I find it does wear off quicker, is somehow not as satisfying while puffing it, and it tends to have a funky taste and can sometimes irritate my throat.

Ive come to the conclusion nic salts arent for me.
I vape unflavoured and can taste the difference in salts vs freebase.
I vape 5mg freebase and about 3mg a day on average, this keeps me quite satiated. With salts I ended up at about 9mg and 3ml a day(averaged) to maintain a feeling of satiation similar to 3ml of 5mg freebase. I came to these numbers after about 8months of alternating salts and freebase for 3weeks at a time(60ml..ish)
Initially using salts at 5mg my daily usage almost doubled compared to freebase. Over time I adjusted the mg's of nic salts up to bring the amount of consumption down and into line with freebase and it ended up being about 9mg to 10mg. It still never felt right like freebase does but I didnt seem to feel like I needed more.
There were a few times during that period when I just didnt bother with salts because I just wanted a vape I liked and with out having to be analytical or thinking about what I was doing.
Benzoic nic salts cause a tickle in the throat and unexpected coughing for me. I dont like the taste of it at all.

I’ve not done as good a comparison as you have @Jardy but have come to the same conclusion. Each to their own, I know some people really like it but it’s definitely not as good as freebase, for me.

It’s interesting that you puff unflavoured liquid. I do too sometimes. I’ve noticed recently a difference in the effect between unflavoured and flavoured, and am wondering if it’s related to this nicotyrine thing I posted about above. The longer it’s steeped with flavouring, the better the effect seems to be, to me. Even just with very little flavouring added. I think I’m wanting to puff more frequently when I’m on the unflavoured. I’m aware this might all be in my head, of course.

Back
Top Bottom