What's new

Newbie vaper please help.

Thomas Skelding

Hey, I'm new to building and rta and RDA whatever they are. I've got a squonk set up steam bunny mod and dead rabbit RDA. I've built the coil and stuff. I dont like huge big vapes, I really want good flavour so I moved over to the dead rabbit and taste is good but I cant seem to get it consistent. Also I'm looking for going to a regulated mod I was looking at the dotmod 100w, is that a good idea. I'm all about aesthetically pleasing things too.

Hey, I'm new to building and rta and RDA whatever they are. I've got a squonk set up steam bunny mod and dead rabbit RDA. I've built the coil and stuff. I dont like huge big vapes, I really want good flavour so I moved over to the dead rabbit and taste is good but I cant seem to get it consistent. Also I'm looking for going to a regulated mod I was looking at the dotmod 100w, is that a good idea. I'm all about aesthetically pleasing things too.

A mechanical squonk, or any mechanical mod for that matter is not recommended for newbies building RDAs or RTAs on. Get it wrong, and you’ll loose your teeth :)

Pick up the dotmod 100w you’ve got your eye on before you practice any further - or any other regulated mod, would be my advice.

Good luck!

If you want to squonk there's plenty of regulated squonk mods to play with & as Cptn Sensible @Lee said that's the best & safets place to start. RDA building isn't an art but does take a bit of practise to get consistent results. But the best thing about RDAs is it's easy to replace the wick if it's too lose/tight or the coil if it's too hot/cold & no juice wasted.

The ohmies above offer the best advice [emoji4] a mechanical mod like the one you have are great for reliability but if you don't follow ohms law for the power your drawing from your cells or you fuck up and short it your gonna be in a whole world of hurt either missing teeth or set fire to your house either way buy a regulated mod as soon as possible until your well....... know what your doing a little to save risking your or those around you [emoji6]

Welcome to POTV, together we will get you on the right track.

Apart from the mech mod (as advised get yourself a regulated) the Dotmod is an expensive mod to start off with, you can get a Lost Vape Drone for cheaper.

The Dead Rabbit isn't that good, I found it the same as you, inconsistent due to it's long wick length.

Have you thought about getting a single coil RDA? I enjoy the DROP SOLO as I get a far better flavour than the dead rabbit, easier to build and shorter wick makes it more consistent, there's plenty of other single coil options, the Recurve isn't too bad, it's a bit of a restrictive airflow but good flavour and less of a cloud chucker.

It's not very often I use dual coil in RDA's now, to save dosh you can try your Dead Rabbit in single coil, aim for around 0.3 ohms and make the wicks super fluffy and it will be more consistent.

As others have said, don’t go mech. I’ve been building for over a year and feel pretty competent at it but I still stay away from them. I have the topside single and dual and they’re great. I hated the dead rabbit rda, really enjoy the passage and rebirth at the moment. And ecigone have some great deals on at the minute.

As others have said buy a regulated mod put the Mech on the shelf and go back to it later on when you have some exerpience and use it as an in house mod.

I have a Dead Rabbit SQ which is the single coil version and took me a long time to get any decent flavour from it but once you nail it is there all the time.

The Pulse drop is also a good dual coil RDA which is quite easy to build and wick.

Back
Top Bottom