What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VAPE DEATH FEATURED ON BBC WEBSITE

andyp300

Postman
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49452256

upload_2019-8-24_8-32-40.png

As I commented on the other thread of this over in another section.

For people reading the headline and not reading the whole article, there going to believe it was vaping that killed him.

They fail to mention in the headline the majority of cases the people have vaped synthetic drugs.

I find it a little bizarre they're even posting an article at all with so little information.

"It comes as experts investigate a mystery lung disease across the US that is linked to use of e-cigarettes."
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said there were 193 "potential cases" in 22 US states.
The person who died was "hospitalized with unexplained illness after reported vaping or e-cigarette use"
The cause of the mystery illness has not been identified, but all involve vaping in some form.
But there is much that remains a mystery.
No cause for the mystery illness has been identified
- and the link to THC products is not clear yet either.
"we find ourselves in the early stages of these investigations trying to piece together the facts."

and yet "A patient has died after developing a severe respiratory disease due to vaping in the first such death in the US, say health officials."

really? it's definitely due to vaping despite the massive amount of mystery, no explanation, no identification. I can't believe the BBC posted this. I'm not saying it's not vape related but bloody hell, figure the thing out and then you can write that it's due to vaping. If several people had died with spoons in their hand you wouldn't write an article saying "spoons are killing people" well, I wouldn't write that article but the BBC probably would.

I wonder whether they they were vaping vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol with food grade flavourings or black market tetrahydrocannabinol extracted with mystery solvents in somebody's garage.

Another load of boll@@@ks someone dies of lung disease that just happened to vape so it must be because of vaping..tosh..utter tosh.
Always the same old words..could have..may have been..there’s a chance..

I saw it in sky this morning. They tried to make out it was vaping that killed him then they sort of said quietly that he was vaping CBD, then said quite proudly that the medical professionals say it is better than tabs

I saw it in sky this morning. They tried to make out it was vaping that killed him then they sort of said quietly that he was vaping CBD, then said quite proudly that the medical professionals say it is better than tabs

I don't think it was CBD thet has been referred to, It was THC but more importantly byproduct chemicals, created during the introduction of THC to the eliquid by uncertified back street manufacturers. CBD, whilst unregulated is pretty much thought to be safe.

Perhaps we should just take a minute and show some sympathy for the family and friends of this person.

As for the article itself - We all know the science and we all know that this it typical media nonsense and an effort to associate vaping with drugs and to show it in a negative light with the actual truth of the matter hidden away.

The real problem here is that vaping is now being seen as an effective way to administer drugs by people who wish to take them and those wishing to sell them.

I make ejuice and I am often asked for THC based juices and more recently have been approached for information in the production of these sorts of things.

IMHO - this was always going to happen - vaping is effective for the introduction of nicotine into the body so why wouldn't it be effective for other drugs.
I think these kind of stories are only going to become more common place.

Just to be clear - I don't mind the odd bifta - this is just my opinion im not getting on a soap box.

Back
Top Bottom