What's new

First time. Make my own with concentrates

canada16

Postman
Hi all.
I am moving to building my own coils to save money obviously, but want to go one step further.

I will not make my own, I tried lots and did not get great results.

Anyway I have seen suppliers providing big bottles of 70/30 mix or separate bottles of VG and PG
I have also seen that IVG do concentrates to add.

Anyway I have a few questions:

Where is the best place to get VG/PG mix, good quality and cheap.
Where has the best selection of concentrates.
Lastly, the 50ml Concentrates say 15-18% How much would I add to a 50ml mix, well 60 in total like you would get from a vape shop. Do I add 10ml of concentrates to a 60ml bottle with Nic added?
Do these concentrates have the sweetner added as well ?

With these concentrates, how much do you think it costs for a 60ml bottle usually, I know nic shots are about 1.00 to 2.00 depending if you want Ice or not.

Thanks all

I have started using flavour boss shots as it’s easy..not that mixing is hard..
They do the ready made flavour shots you just add your pg/vg and nic..
I think the pg and vg is about £2 for 500ml and shots vary in price..
https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product-category/recipes/boss-shots/
They also sell mixing starter kits..
Also look at the mix shop..both have discount codes for potv.
You use a mix calculator to make your desired eliquid..top of page under eliquid recipes.

Thanks for that.
I tried those Mix calculator things and I think I am a bit dyslexic as didnt understand it.
I just wanted to add 50ml of vg/ph and some concentrates and thats it, trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks for that.
I tried those Mix calculator things and I think I am a bit dyslexic as didnt understand it.
I just wanted to add 50ml of vg/ph and some concentrates and thats it, trying to keep it as simple as possible.
It don’t work like that..each concentrate has a different mix ratio..You will need to work out from that..
Example 20% concentrate in pg as they are always normally PG for 50ml mix you would need
10ml concentrates
15ml pg
25ml vg

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

if you don't want to use a calculator keep it simple by mixing either 50ml or 100ml, otherwise trying to work out percentages will be a nightmare.

so for example 100ml 15% concentrate will be 15ml and 50ml it will be half that, so 7.5ml.

12% would be 12ml or 6ml in a 50ml bottle, 20% would be 20ml in 100ml or 10ml in 50ml.

I use IVG concentrates pretty much exclusively. I get 3 and a bit 50ml bottles from a 30ml concentrate that costs me £9.99. Nic shots are 0.89p if memory serves. PG and VG last me that long I don't really factor in the cost.

Where is the best place to get VG/PG mix, good quality and cheap.

I've used lucemill and darkstar for VG/PG

Where has the best selection of concentrates.

Loads to choose from depending on your profile
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...of-trusted-e-liquid-hardware-suppliers.78467/

Lastly, the 50ml Concentrates say 15-18% How much would I add to a 50ml mix, well 60 in total like you would get from a vape shop. Do I add 10ml of concentrates to a 60ml bottle with Nic added?

Use http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html
If you need assistance with this, PM me.

Do these concentrates have the sweetner added as well ?

Depends where you buy them.

^this.
post 6 of the above list has everything you need.
i found steam calculator the easiest and using a cheap set of scales much easier.

single concentrates can vary on the % needed per mix.
one shots on the other hand are ready made flavours and usually say on the bottle whats recommended. usually 20% but it can vary from 15-25% for some makes.
for any mix its always worth doing a small 10ml bottle first as you dont want to make the whole bottle up to find its too weak or too strong. once the 10ml tastes good enough do a bigger bottle.

here a rough guide to explain what is what with the steam engine. ive marked B as 20% as a rough guide.
if you are using 18mg nic shots and you want a final mix of 3mg 70vg/30pg this is what ive added to this scale. it is using separate vg and pg though and not pre mixed. if you change any of the settings it will change the final mix of G & H
Capture.JPG

Just to add to what @MrDJ has already said. Just want to stress, make sure when entering the nic levels on steam engine, you input it with decimals.

18mg would be 1.8, 12mg would be 1.2, 3mg would be 0.3 and so forth. This applies to both nicotine fields.

you know you can click on the radio button and it autoconverts? :)

Back
Top Bottom