What's new

VooPoo & WoodyVapes - X-217 - P-Purple/Jade

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Wood Vapes do Poo?

So VooPoo, they have decided to collab with woody vapes and bring this banger of a mod. Something which has been longing for some time now with the highly anticipated DRAG range…only this time 21700s at your thumb tips..

resize_DSC_0313.JPG
resize_DSC_0314.JPG

Out the Box

The mod comes in of an array of different colours, 10 in total and sure to be more in the future. Colours are Gunmetal or SS outer with Aurora, Scarlet, Ink, Prussian Blue & Purple/Jade. All The mod retails at $89 USD and £75 GBP. So, a fairly priced bit of kit but is it worth every penny, just you wait.

The battery is two 21700s with a size of 93x51x33mm so will only take a max of 30mm tank for it to not overhang.

The mod can reach up to 5-217w which works on TC for those who enjoy this type of vaping experience. The chipset in this kit is the new Gene.Fan which is great, and the performance is consistent throughout the vaping experience.

The kit includes a USB charger. 18650 battery adaptors. The standard bottom of the box gifts is the accessories which include, Warranty cards and guides on how to use both the tank and mod.

resize_DSC_0315.JPG

The Build

The X-217 is a nice size and I like it in the hand must say its ergonomics are nice. Much comfier than the DRAGs. The quality of the build is outstanding, and it’s so compacted together this isn’t any rattle, but the battery door is on the loose side, but stays open when placing batteries and locks in nicely when the batteries are inserted. The finish is painted glossy metal, which is much better than the DRAGs, again but a real finger print magnet. So, it is a nice size and looks the part. With a total of 177g with the batteries it does increase quite a bit.

The screen is nice and bright, and I think it’s just a good size. On the screen, it displays the battery life on each cell and the power mode you are in. Again, all the reviews I do are in power mode only. If you request me to take on another mod I can do so and give you a brief outline of what’s in store. The power is in 217w max where I have used it on an RDA and other tanks works pretty well but you can tell a difference in output power on battery cells with an RDA, dual or single. It does instantly fire at 0.0001s, there is literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing.

I would recommend only using up to 30mm tanks and up to 28mm RDAs I did use one and it looked awesome. I’m not a fan of the raised 510 which is centred as it looks unfinished why they did this I will never know.

The battery life is pretty good on the dual batteries 21700s but not so good on 18650s, I did have an issue where there was uneven battery drainage. However, I’m in love and its great. The power output is very good and with the ultra-fast firing of 0.0001s its brilliant. The power lasted right down to the last bit of power and it worked well. The breath LEDs are awesome and work quiet well more of a gimmick because I did tuen them off after using a full set of batteries.

The fire button is very clicky and it really does have a fast-performing instant fire of 0.0001s. All the buttons are clicky and well-built they seem to be here for a while. The fire button is very responsive in my opinion and I like it a lot.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Firmware Upgradeable

Preheat Function

Material and Mode Selection

Low resistance protection

Fast fire button at 0.0001s

Intelligent matches with tanks

resize_DSC_0316.JPG
resize_DSC_0317.JPG
resize_DSC_0318.JPG
resize_DSC_0319.JPG
resize_DSC_0321.JPG
resize_DSC_0327.JPG

Pros

· Great in the hand

· Fast fire

· Clear, basic display

· Beautiful design

· Solid and heavy

· Battery life for 21700 (nearly 2 days)

· Powerful Chip

Cons

· Battery life on the 18650s isn’t the best, built for 21700

· Paint work is still not the best

· Uneven battery drainage

resize_DSC_0320.JPG

Conclude

Such a brilliant device I have been using this for over 6 weeks now on and off and really cannot stop. The device is really more for vapers who want that nice design bit of gimmick and power.

The overall comparison of the DRAG and the X-217 is that I would choose this because I think the paintwork is much more appealing. However, it is ace, this being a good contender for the market, and it catches the eyes of many I’m sure.

The question is would I buy it? Hell yeah!! It’s great honest I cannot fault it the colour is beautiful and its perfect for me. Anyone after their second device moving from an old mod or pen or a pod system this is the one it isn’t for higher level vapers. however, I’m sure people will buy it due to its colour and someone recommending it as a first device in the shops, if that’s the case don’t be fooled there are cheaper mods which do the trick.

resize_DSC_0327.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – VooPoo – X-217– Purple Jade
Tank – OFRF – NexMesh Tank - Black
E-liquid – Ghetto Penguin by Riot Squad – Beaky Blue – 70/30
Coils – Conical Mesh (NexMesh) .2ohm SS - 40-70w
Batteries – Sony VTC5a 2600mah & Samsung 25r – 18650s & Samsung 30T - 21700

Thanks to Ema @Sourcemore https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-x217-tc-vape-mod.html

Attachments

• resize_DSC_0325.JPG
    resize_DSC_0325.JPG
    695.5 KB · Views: 44
Perfectly right

They had designs left so they gave the logo and design a collab thats what they said at the expo

Back
Top Bottom