What's new

Sourcemore- Vandy Vape Jackaroo Kit

Enoch

Achiever
logo_white_plus.png

The Vaping Bogan dips his toe into the Regulated mod market with Vandy Vape. Does the Jackaroo kit give you a Bonza vaping experience or does it leave you asking yourself, Crikey?

Vandy Vape have always been predominantly a cheap rebuildable brand. They were one of the first to bring to you the RDA mesh products and overall they have always sold really well. So this year has sparked a real change of direction for the company with products such as the Trident, Swell and the Jackaroo being regulated devices combined with Stock coil tanks. The Jackaroo is a collaboration with the Youtube star The Vaping Bogan who brings his touch to the device, aiming to take on the king of durable mods to offer something really special. Does the Jackaroo prove to be the best durable device on the market today? Before we get into all of that, let’s break into the details first.

This was sent for the purpose of a written review by Sourcemore. If you want to pick one of these up, you can do so from the following link.

In the Box

· 1 x Jackaroo Mod

· 1 x Jackaroo Tank

· 1 x Spare Glass Tube (TPD version 2ml)

· 1 x 0.15Ω Mesh Coil (Mesh 80) (Pre-installed)

· 1 x 0.3Ω Mesh Coil (Mesh 50)
· 1 x Spares bag (O-Rings)
· 1 x 18650 Adaptor (Stored in mod)
· 1 x Micro USB Cable
· 1 x User Manual
· 2 x Warning Cards

Specifications

Jackaroo Tank
· Diameter: 26mm
· Length: 44.65mm
· E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml (TPD)
· Gold-Plated 510 Connector
· 510 Drip Dip Compatible
· Top Filling
· Fully Adjustable Airflow

Jackaroo Mod
· Size: 91 x 29 x 48mm
· IP67 waterproof rated
· Shockproof
· Wattage Range: 5-100w
· Coil Resistance Range – 0.05-3Ω
· Powered by Single 21700/18650 batteries (not included)
· Colours: Black – But with selectable panels x2

jackaroo_mod_3_900x.jpg

About the Vandy Vape Jackaroo
The Vandy Vape Jackaroo is a single 21700 battery device that comes capable of firing up to 100w. It features a silica gel, IP67 waterproof, shockproof and dust-proof build designed to offer the most rugged and durable device to date on the market. . The device comes with a rubber style design with side resin panels which are interchangeable, secured by a screw design and a zinc alloy body for durability. The Jackaroo comes with a full colour screen displaying volts, wattages, battery indicator, puffs and seconds timing. The device rather uniquely does not come with a USB port for any firmware updates. The battery compartment is found on the bottom with a screw in solid battery cap that has a flip out handle. Once sealed, it is designed to create a water tight seal around the battery, with many other areas of the device also separated and secured from any damage this way. Inside the device you get a range of different modes including bypass, temperature control and voltage (wattage). The settings menu is very different to anything else I will explain how to use it.

To get into the menu, hold both plus and minus buttons together, this will take you to the menu. Then select the settings (tools) from the menu and it takes you into a list of different features. The Voltage, bypass, colour change etc are all in a list and must be activated to use rather than turn on and off. To be able to select on and off, click the power button 3 times prior to using it, one click will simply lock you out of selecting. To turn a option on, click the fire button 3 times and the button will fill next to it, similarly deactivate when it is turned on. As well as this you get other features such as factory reset, colour of screen change etc as well as your information settings.

The Jackaroo tank is a 3.5 mil capacity tank that comes with screw off top fill and 2 mesh coils. The tank has bottom adjustable airflow and is around 24mm in circumference at the base of the tank. The coils it comes with are 0.3 ohm mesh (rated 50w) and 0.15 ohm (rated 80w).

Colour Options

20190216155529-5c67c1f1e6382.jpg

Jackaroo Pros

The first place to start with the Jackaroo is the mod itself being the star billing here and honestly, it doesn’t disappoint. It sits heavier than your standard mod with all the added protections but feels very solid in the hand. That will be the trade off here, you get a much heavier device than even the Aegis but in exchange it will survive more than the odd rough and tumble in daily use. The rubber style body is very easy to hold with no slipping aspect to it and the size just fits perfectly in your hand. The overall design with the panels is striking and to be honest a little different of a take on the whole resin style mods that have come before it. It almost feels like it is meant to look built rather than manufactured. The changeable panels option is a bonus, giving you more customisable options in the future and the bright colour screen is clear and easy to see. The device itself is very responsive with a decent chip set inside that is accurate and quick firing. I’ll even put down that it a single 21700 as a pro, something that the Aegis has not delivered as of yet. Durable wise, the device has had no scuffs or marks through my daily use and the device doesn’t even pick up fingerprints neither so it will stay looking brand new until you throw it off a 3 story building!
Moving onto the tank and to be honest, it is pretty good. The flavour from the coils is fantastic, especially with a sharp inhale flavour that brings fruits out exceptionally well. The top fill screw off cap is a half turn style which is easy to use again and the capacity not the biggest, I haven't noticed any extra tank drain at around 75w so it won’t need filling up every 2 seconds. There is a massive amount of airflow from the tank which gives you plenty of option to cut it down and the vapour production off the coils is excellent as well.

jackaroo-kit.jpg

Jackaroo Cons
Based on my experience with the Jackaroo, a couple of the flaws I have found really are just for someone who prefers something a little bit more standard. The first con for me is that menu system, I just don’t think it is a good idea and it convolutes the experience of selecting your mode. That and combined with the menu controls not being straight forward, means if you want to customise your experience it will be a much harder task. The screen does feel a little overloaded as well, basic information but it looks like there is too much going on at once to clearly see information beyond the wattages in my experience. Finally the battery life off a single 21700 isn't the best, around 3 hours with regular use. It might be responsive but the chip set doesn't draw out the battery life and will make this type of device a carry around rather than an all day device.

The tank only really has two cons for me. The first one being the top fill cap can be a little fiddily to open. I have, on more than one occasion, unscrewed the whole top of the tank rather than just the top cap so holding it in the right place is a must. The other little con is going to be the capacity, only being 3.5 mil. If they had increased it to 5, it may have been a little better for long term use.

Overall
The Jackaroo is, for what it is designed for, an excellent bit of kit. The device feels heavy, durable and comfortable to use. The looks are of the device make it stand out and beside the shorter battery life, performs really well. This does strike me as the type of device you want to have with you in more robust areas of work when long term battery life isn’t an issue. The tank included is great for flavour and makes the whole kit really worth the money.

If you want a device that will match up to your extreme lifestyle, the Jackaroo is ready to say G’day mate!

Back
Top Bottom