What's new

Bought a SMOK ALIEN 220W Mod with TFV8 Baby Beast Tank

If you are trying to quit the gigs I would recommend complimenting what you have with a pod and high nicotine juice, I wish pods had been around when I first tried to quit especially with Nic Salts (20mg).

In a nutshell most pods with high nicotine 50/50 juices give you a micro hit of higher strength and less airflow giving that gig like vape, nic salts get into your system quicker so eases any nicotine cravings quicker, especially in the mornings.

With the kit you have you are unlikely going to find that cig like nicotine hit and as others have said upping the nic shots will mute the flavour.

Using a pod and your Alien will give you a good chance to quit the nic sticks.

Smok replaced the TFV8 Baby to the V2 version which is much better especially with mesh coils and lifespan, if you get chance to find one cheap it's a perfect upgrade, or the Freemax Mesh Pro is another great tank.

I included some info on the TF V8 V2 in my review of the Species kit (scroll half way down), I no longer use any other Smok tank now, even my TF V12 Prince tanks sit unused.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...species-230w-touch-screen-kit-upgrade.175980/

one question @Tyketto68
where did you buy your batteries. this has to be asked as even though they are quite cheap for what they are there are lots and i mean lots of fakes being sold out there.
if you bought from a real vape shop then should be ok but these popup shops that class themselves as vape shops like to cut corners.
also which battery make did you buy, sony, samsung, lg, molicel and what ohm rating are they.

this is worth bookmarking for future reference. post 5 is everything hardware and all tried and tested by members POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

I bought the ones thats in my vape from local vape shop 18650 IMR 3.7V 3000 mAH and 40A ones im waiting on are sony vtc5's and 2600 mAH

Last edited:
The first one I'm not sure about. Tbh the best place to buy from is fogstar who also has discount codes on here.

702002F8-64D0-4FB2-B75A-4642B966C027.jpeg

Is the dnb because the data sheet was lying about what the battery can actually do and be careful of cloned ones,??? ..ive browsed a look on them on various websites but they have no feedback good or bad except what mooch's review says .These seem very popular tho, suppose i can use these as the spares/back ups and get some more sony ones..only reviews or i think they are on youtube are in chinese.. :/

I'd lob them out, DNB is do not buy, I suspect they're not suitable for vaping. If mooch says they're crap then dump them in your local battery disposal unit, genuine batteries are cheap compared to mods etc, why risk it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom