Vape Superstore
What's new

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA juice getting into driptip?

Hi Mogwai/Others - Can you please advise on the best wattage for the stock coil which came with the pack and air flow setting?
I am using Vaporesso Luxe Mod with Galaxies RTA - received it last week and it was giving really awesome draw at 13Ws but condensation was becoming too much of a problem even with the black drip tip. But around 14 or till 18, above, I am not getting that sweet spot.
By the way, increasing the wattage helps is having less condensation under the drip tip. But the draw and vapour production for me reduces.
I am still searching for the perfect combination to get MAximum flavor and vapour. I do not like it to be too tight. Please advise.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Sorry for the thread resurrection... But just in case anyone is interested. I dug the galaxies out again last week for another try and wicked it with plain old common or garden muji.
Got through a few tanks worth, and it's been flawless.
Maybe my wicking has got better, but I really think the answer was muji...perhaps it just doesn't get as saturated as some of the supposedly 'higher end' cotton, I dunno. But either way the galaxies is currently my main tank again. Great little tank, think I'm going to order another now I've finally cracked it!

Sorry for the thread resurrection... But just in case anyone is interested. I dug the galaxies out again last week for another try and wicked it with plain old common or garden muji.
Maybe my wicking has got better, but I really think the answer was muji...perhaps it just doesn't get as saturated as some of the supposedly 'higher end' cotton, I dunno. But either way the galaxies is currently my main tank again. Great little tank, think I'm going to order another now I've finally cracked it!
Muji was the cotton you fixed your issue with and congratulations but other cotton works too and its not the cottons fault only the user not wicking it properly with the cotton they have [emoji6]

Vape Green
For me - I found they spat a bit from cold for some fucked if I know reason ???

same coil in all other RTA's, Muji, 2.5mm ID, same settings - the lot

from cold the Galaxies seem to crack n spit from cold - the odd time right into my mouth with pinpoint accuracy
after the initial firing from cold they were fine, but just spat from cold where others did not ???

Some mods you can tweak the settings to a softer start, that lowers the initial voltage which reduces the spitting from cold
Or watch pushing the wattage/voltage coz at a certain point it will spit from cold more often, almost every single friggin' time
Could not for the life of me work out the exact reason why they were more prone to spitting from cold than other RTA's in collection

Then there was the little bit of flooding for a brief period when refilling
even if I inverted when tightening - it occasionally still gurgled a bit now & then

Subsequently, with these minor flaws or slight issues I started to stop using them and found other tanks a lot more hassle free

But well done if you feel you got yours sussed out now, they are a pretty decent tank - just I tended to give up on them myself
ATB anyway

In my experience it's often a good idea to revisit tanks at a later date. Has happened a few times for me where, with a bit more experience, the tank seems easy to build on. Glad you've got a result on this.

Vape Club
In my experience it's often a good idea to revisit tanks at a later date. Has happened a few times for me where, with a bit more experience, the tank seems easy to build on. Glad you've got a result on this.
Wise words indeed

AcmeFog
Might it be that you’re sucking it too hard?
[emoji16] no idea. I use the cube with just the one hole, and the airflow on the tightest setting, so have to give it a good suck (matron) but it's perfect now. No spitting from cold (although mine never did that) no flooding, no turbulence... Just spot on really

I get spit back from cold coils usually if i have the coil legs up with the coil facing down. try installing the coil where the legs go under the cotton.

Premier Ecigs
I get spit back from cold coils usually if i have the coil legs up with the coil facing down. try installing the coil where the legs go under the cotton.

wound the coils clockwise (legs down)
wound the coils anti/counter clockwise (legs up)

tried 29 & 27 awg Kanthal, even 28awg Ni80

still seems to spit from cold. loud pop & a snipershot at me tounge from cold
same stuff in other RTA's - no worries, no pop/spitting like the Galaxies RTA

It is really weird, std 6 wrap coil setup, fine on thers but spits from cold on this atty

Back
Top Bottom