What's new

How To Simple DIY Example and Price Breakdown

@Fuctifino Where did you get your 'drug dealer' scales from? I've been looking for some as my kitchen scales are not really up to the job.

Fleabay - but there are a few variations
some measure say up to 100g or 200g in 0.01gms increments
others measure to 500g in 0.1gms - but exact same model
(think it is a simple firmware option - often you can't change the accuracy it came as
so you need to decide 0.01g increments and check max value/range etc.... of model)

Next you need to decide on the platform you might need for measuring jug/bottle/mixing

the small drug dealer scales are ok but might be a bit small for mixing larger bottle/jugs

Vic uses one like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-01g-50...=item3b22bf2447:g:iQcAAOSwIkNb7~B-:rk:28:pf:0

What you need to be careful of is the increment, range, platform size etc....
plus if the seller REALLY is in UK or says he is but ships from China and takes weeks to arrive
(usual fleabay crap - says reg in UK, ships from UK but not all sellers are 101% honest)

weigh in the center of platform of course, new batteries and you should be fine

One I posted earlier was a bigger platform for mixing say a bigger jug/bottle of 1 or 2 litres

Vic one I just posted should do most people for 250ml to 1 litre (at a push), mixing

Mini drug dealer ones are fine but platform is a bit on the small size for larger weight/jug/bottles
I say drug dealer - but jewelry/small amount scales etc.....
but most peeps know what I meant

@Fuctifino Happy day. Thanks for all the info.

I have managed to find a set on Amazon. They are listed as 0.01-500g so that should do me just nicely. I don't envisage myself needing to make large quantities of juice up at the moment. Prolly looking at 100ml bottles max.

It is listed as Prime to I should have it by Monday.

These ones will come in eluva handy!

Not only can I measure out my e-liquid. I can measure out my loose leaf tea, crack cocaine and eventually stolen jewellery!

Huzzah!

71t1lUZ43wL._SL1500_.jpg

Be warned guys. Just because scales read to .1g doesn't mean they are accurate, to that level. Even if calibrated regularly.
There is a reason metered scales cost so much.

Be warned guys. Just because scales read to .1g doesn't mean they are accurate, to that level. Even if calibrated regularly.
There is a reason metered scales cost so much.
Quite true, but for DIY purposes I doubt there is much difference between the accuracy of using measuring cylinders and scales that are slightly out of calibration, in terms of margin of error.

I mean, with cylinders you have to judge by eye when the liquid is on or between the calibration lines, and you lose some when pouring as it coats the sides.

I just checked my over year old NV 500 scales (0.01g accuracy) using a selection of 5p coins and all were within +/- 0.05 g of the nominal value (dirt, wear etc).

A measuring cylinder won't get much closer than that anyway.

Last edited:
Just keep reweighing the same item half a dozen times to check accuracy/tolerance
(ensure you weigh in centre of platform of course)

repeat on other items if you like blah blah blah.....

Or fuck it mix in larger volumes will reduce any deviations of accuracy (in general)
In reality I mixed up a couple of litres of my ADV and now & again just add a splash
to a small batch to mix it up a bit - does me atm, just adding a little kick now n then to adv

the smaller the volume being mixed as well as more complex mixes is where deviations could occur
again you own attention to detail is also paramount too, working as best/accurately as you can with whatever method etc....

Just keep reweighing the same item half a dozen times to check accuracy/tolerance
(ensure you weigh in centre of platform of course)

repeat on other items if you like blah blah blah.....

Or fuck it mix in larger volumes will reduce any deviations of accuracy (in general)
In reality I mixed up a couple of litres of my ADV and now & again just add a splash
to a small batch to mix it up a bit - does me atm, just adding a little kick now n then to adv

the smaller the volume being mixed as well as more complex mixes is where deviations could occur
again you own attention to detail is also paramount too, working as best/accurately as you can with whatever method etc....
Yup, I tested the same coin a few times and it repeatedly read as 3.29g, (nominal weight 3.25g), then I looked and it was a bit dirty. I tried three others and they all looked cleaner but a little worn and they all came out between 3.21 and 3.24g, so I'm happy my scales are accurate enough for my purposes.

Back
Top Bottom