Vape Superstore
What's new

Vanishing wicking.

RAPTOREX

Achiever
Having a consistant problem with the wicking of my VV Pyro V2. After a short time the flavour gets muted, about 2-3ml of juice. When I inspect the wicking, i find what a section, of cotton, right in the middle of the coil is gone. The ends aren't burnt the cotton just vanishes.
This has happened with SS Kanthal and Ni80 coils.
I'm vaping about 45- 50w with both fused claptons and flatwire aliens.
What am i missing?

Vape Superstore
Cotton wicked too tightly ???
Sounds like too tight that as you pull through the cotton it literally pulls or thins itself out right inside the coil
(where it might be tooooo tight)

wick it a little bit looser or try some other cotton where the strands or grain may be more resilient

I'm no cotton expert but it does sound like as you pull it through you could be appearing to pull through the wick
but you are partially thinning out the cotton right inside the coil where it's too tight or cotton is falling to bits inside the coil

normal wicking or Scottish roll method ???
either way sounds like it is stripping itself inside the coil if no burnt stuff

Cotton wicked too tightly ???
Sounds like too tight that as you pull through the cotton it literally pulls or thins itself out right inside the coil
(where it might be tooooo tight)

wick it a little bit looser or try some other cotton where the strands or grain may be more resilient

I'm no cotton expert but it does sound like as you pull it through you could be appearing to pull through the wick
but you are partially thinning out the cotton right inside the coil where it's too tight or cotton is falling to bits inside the coil

normal wicking or Scottish roll method ???
either way sounds like it is stripping itself inside the coil if no burnt stuff
The cotton pulls back and forwards as I wick with no problems. I've tried thinning out the wick but it just spits and crackles and makes an horrendous noise when you vape. Just as it would if you underwick.
Its only this atty, none of the other tanks have this problem.

Vape Green
Its only this atty, none of the other tanks have this problem.

Tell me about it - got a similar issue with Vapefly MTL RTA - spits like a banshee
& crackles like a bowl of Rice Krispies next to a pan of bacon & sausages

In the end I had to use a Ni80 coil instead of my usual/regular Kanthal wire, resulting in a lower Ohm coil & volts
spitting is gone but still a little bit too much sizzle than I'm used to on other MTL tanks at that setting

Sounds bollocks - a tank is a tank right ??? ergh not quite it seems
you might have to fuck about experimenting or deviating from you usual coil/cotton/technique on other tanks

I'm not a fancy coil DTL user, so I'll bow out and hope a much more experienced user can chime in with better advice
(feel your pain & frustration though - ATB)

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Was it cheap @RAPTOREX ? Maybe it’s just not up to much.
Its the same as other genuine VV Pyro v2.
Not really sure how a lower cost might effect the performance of a pucker item, over another pucker item bought for a higher price, though. As i recall it was £24.99. This is not a problem that is common with Pyro v2, either. Well, as far as I can find, anyway.

I’ve found these chinese designed atties inferior. I prefer to spend less on the no name chinese clones of boutique european ones. That way, everyone’s a winner.

AcmeFog
Premier Ecigs
Its so weird to keep seeing Dot Cotton's face in the corner of my eye

Back
Top Bottom