What's new

Tiny coils ***** sake!

It was and hadnt even realised it was a factor. I'm glad I posted this because although I felt like a plank its made me look really well at the tank as a unit - not just the build deck if you see what I mean.

Oh yes indeed, there is a little bit to quite a lot more than just bolting up a coil and threading some cotton through....
It is quite common to get lucky on your first or second build then have nothing but nightmares for the next half a dozen builds
(you get lucky and/or you took your time the first time around & all went sweet, but then your luck runs out so to speak)

Plus there are some tanks than some people simply can not just get on with - yet others say it's a breeze for them
(shit happens, some say this tank is the nutz but I have given up with that same tank as it was just a bitch for me etc....)

BUT - it is a good thing when you have grief - providing you can overcome it and master the tank's qwirks
you only gain wisdom from mistakes, hence the saying wise after the event & all that
& myself like I dare most of us, are still learning & improving our abilities bit by bit on every tank
(especially those real bastard tanks we almost launch down the garden)

Oh yes indeed, there is a little bit to quite a lot more than just bolting up a coil and threading some cotton through....
It is quite common to get lucky on your first or second build then have nothing but nightmares for the next half a dozen builds
(you get lucky and/or you took your time the first time around & all went sweet, but then your luck runs out so to speak)

Plus there are some tanks than some people simply can not just get on with - yet others say it's a breeze for them
(shit happens, some say this tank is the nutz but I have given up with that same tank as it was just a bitch for me etc....)

BUT - it is a good thing when you have grief - providing you can overcome it and master the tank's qwirks
you only gain wisdom from mistakes, hence the saying wise after the event & all that
& myself like I dare most of us, are still learning & improving our abilities bit by bit on every tank
(especially those real bastard tanks we almost launch down the garden)

Too true. It's never healthy to assume you know it all. Am happy to keep learning.

I'm holding off on @Crewella's graveyard for now. :D
I do love my sxk zephyrs so they give me a break when I've had enough of the Hastur's (my) tantrums. Although the last one came with painful screws that need precision pressure to hold the legs.

I do love my sxk zephyrs so they give me a break when I've had enough of the Hastur's (my) tantrums. Although the last one came with painful screws that need precision pressure to hold the legs.
Try bending the ends of the wire round the screws a bit, say 90 degrees, as you tighten down. That also helps in that the end is heading round the curve and not sticking straight out when you trim the leg ends off. :)

Keep at it - we've all been there! :banghead: :2thumbsup:

That thing looks awfully like The Goblin Mini V1?? Another completely HATEFUL RTA that I actually threw away after a while

That thing looks awfully like The Goblin Mini V1?? Another completely HATEFUL RTA that I actually threw away after a while
One of the lads at work offered to sell me his Goblin today....after reading that - nope! :D

The big one is fine, the Mini was trouble:)

Try bending the ends of the wire round the screws a bit, say 90 degrees, as you tighten down. That also helps in that the end is heading round the curve and not sticking straight out when you trim the leg ends off. :)

Keep at it - we've all been there! :banghead: :2thumbsup:

I wrap mine right around the whole screw and back out, but of course with pre-made the legs are never long enough, I think I would have trouble with those coils ... 28awg MAX with long legs and a 2.5mm ID 5-7 wraps MAX ... stick it in on my 2.5mm bar, wind each end around the screw, tighten down, wiggle until they break off..... piece of piss.

You’re doing better than me. My paltry attempts have been useless, my hands are too shaky and I need to get some sort of magnifier ‘cos I can’t see what the hell I’m doing :8:

Back
Top Bottom