What's new

Pulse BF and 21700 battery

Andy S

Postman
Owners of the mod will have noted with some disappointment that it almost takes a 21700. The back cover goes on OK but the front rattles although the magnets do stop it falling off. As it's only plastic I was thinking about sanding down the inner surface of the cover to make it thinner and wondered if any of you have tried that and if so did it work?

Evidently no one else has tried so in the interests of science and hopefully useful information for fellow apes, I became the guinea pig and can report that yes, it does work. I used a 3/4 inch round file to make a groove about half a mm deep in the inside surface of the cover that goes on the bottle side.The battery where it's slightly proud fits into that groove and the cover goes on now with no rattle.

I've done this on the Pulse BF mech mod. Haven't done it yet on the Pulse 80 because I'll have to file down through the middle of the bottom magnet and I need a harder tool for that, but I fully it expect to work the same.

The Pulse X is 21700 ready but if you already have one or both of the 20700 models, you can turn it into a 21700 mod if you don't mind voiding your warranty. :)

I've seen a couple of youtube videos where they shave a hair off the top end of the battery cutout, which allows the battery to drop in a touch further. I've got a couple of BF's to try it on, will update.

Back
Top Bottom