What's new

Coppervape DVARW

Tobytyke

Achiever
Fellow Apes. Trying to get to grips with this. Been abit hit and miss but followed the wicking method video by @instantlady. I’ve had some success with it but at the minute, the first couple of pulls feel a little bit gurgley if that makes any sense. Then it sorts itself out. What could be the reason for this ??

For reference I’ve got a 2.5id Ni80 coil at 1.38ohm @ 14w currently

TIA....... Lee

Is it just when you fill it up with a new wick in there? Or every time you fill it?

Is it just when you fill it up with a new wick in there? Or every time you fill it?

Not necessarily when filling up, it’s about half full and doing it now. Might I need abit more cotton to plug the wick holes maybe??

When you put the collar bit on, have a look at the holes on the outside to make sure there aren’t any gaps that liquid could get through. I cut the wick quite short then tuck it down to just cover the holes. I’ll check and adjust it from looking at the outside of the hole. Without fluffing it or anything, or taking the outside layers off the labo. It usually works ok.

Do you make the wick into an M shape of sorts? Or jut cut it and stuff it in there to cover the holes?

This needs more wick than you think. As @zouzounaki says push the cotton down with a curve so it sits like a pillow against the holes . Juice it all up before the cap goes on and let it sit for a minute or two. When it works its fab but there is a knack and everyone's knack is a tad different.

I've found that you need to cover the holes fully with cotton, making a m shape as you mentioned earlier. also you have to look at it and make sure there are no gaps, another thing is that when doing the m shape you have to make sure that the bottom (ends) of the wick are not raised off of the deck as they might get stuck on the opening and you think they are set.

Do you make the wick into an M shape of sorts? Or jut cut it and stuff it in there to cover the holes?
Come to think of it I tend to do all my wicks as a kind of M shape ...... didn't have any trouble with the Dvarw, if that helps. :)

The way I do it is to put the cotton through the coil, lift the ends and put the collar thing on then, and cut the cotton flush with the top of it. Don’t pull the cotton tight when doing this or it will be too short.

Once I’ve cut it I push it in with a toothpick and make sure the holes are fully covered.

It’s not really an m shape, pretty much straight.

The way I do it is to put the cotton through the coil, lift the ends and put the collar thing on then, and cut the cotton flush with the top of it. Don’t pull the cotton tight when doing this or it will be too short.

Once I’ve cut it I push it in with a toothpick and make sure the holes are fully covered.

It’s not really an m shape, pretty much straight.

That's what I've always done.

Back
Top Bottom